Wanted: giant demonstration slide rule

In summary, a giant demonstration slide rule is a larger version of a traditional slide rule used for basic mathematical calculations. It is commonly used in educational settings to demonstrate the principles of a slide rule on a larger scale. It operates on the same principles as a traditional slide rule but with a larger size for easier manipulation and viewing. The benefits of using a giant demonstration slide rule include better understanding of logarithms and interactive learning. They can be purchased from educational supply stores or made at home with materials such as cardboard or wood.
EebamXela
I'm in the market for a large slide rule for my collection. If you know of an available one please let me know.

http://albany.craigslist.org/wan/3460782750.html

KE_TeachingSlideRule_JohnWesleyCell_NCSU.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354852576.958532.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354852576.958532.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 421
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
For those equations that are too big for smaller, less gigantic slide rules to solve, get MEGASLIDE. Guaranteed to work, because it's too big to fail!

With a 10 foot scale, you can get 4 digit precision instead of 3. In fact, my Otis King has a 10 foot scale.

OtisKing_1.JPG

(Except mine's a K model and the picture is an L model. The L model had a log scale, as well.)

FAQ: Wanted: giant demonstration slide rule

1. What is a giant demonstration slide rule?

A giant demonstration slide rule is a large-scale version of a traditional slide rule, which is a mechanical analog calculator used for basic mathematical calculations.

2. Why would someone want a giant demonstration slide rule?

Giant demonstration slide rules are commonly used in educational settings to demonstrate the principles and functions of a traditional slide rule on a larger scale for easier viewing by a larger audience.

3. How does a giant demonstration slide rule work?

A giant demonstration slide rule operates on the same principles as a traditional slide rule, using logarithmic scales and sliding bars to perform calculations. However, the larger size allows for easier manipulation and viewing.

4. What are the benefits of using a giant demonstration slide rule?

Using a giant demonstration slide rule can help students and audiences better understand the concepts of logarithms and basic mathematical calculations. It also allows for a more interactive and engaging learning experience.

5. Where can I purchase a giant demonstration slide rule?

Giant demonstration slide rules can be purchased from educational supply stores or online from various retailers. They can also be made at home using materials such as cardboard or wood.