Was Facebook made with the following programming languages?

In summary, Facebook and Instagram are primarily made up of heavily augmented PHP, with additional languages such as C++, Erlang, Python, and D also used. Java is not commonly used in Facebook or Instagram. HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript are also used for certain aspects, but are not considered programming languages.
Math10
Was Facebook made up with HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3, PHP, JavaScript?

Technology news on Phys.org
I think there has to be server-side code written in, probably, C or possibly JAVA. HTML and CSS and HTML5 aren't even programming languages at all, just markup languages and javascript is not normally used for robust applications, just interactions on a web page.

It's a heavily augmented PHP. There's also a good bit of C++, Erlang, Python and D in there as well.

Likes mafagafo
Same with Instagram?

I don't think java is used in Facebook or Instagram.

It seems like mainly php (or similar) platforms.

I see.

Thanks.

Related to Was Facebook made with the following programming languages?

1. What programming languages were used to create Facebook?

Facebook was primarily built using the programming language PHP for the server-side code and JavaScript for the client-side code. Other languages such as HTML, CSS, and C++ were also used for specific features and components of the platform.

2. Is Facebook still using the same programming languages?

While the core programming languages used to build Facebook remain the same, the company continues to evolve and update its codebase. This means that newer languages and technologies may be incorporated into the platform as it grows and expands.

3. Why was PHP chosen as the main language for Facebook?

PHP was chosen for its speed, scalability, and flexibility. Facebook needed a language that could handle a large and rapidly growing user base, and PHP was able to meet those needs. Additionally, PHP is an open-source language, allowing for easy customization and collaboration with the developer community.

4. Are there any other notable programming languages used in Facebook?

In addition to the main languages mentioned earlier, Facebook also uses other programming languages for specific features and functionalities. For example, Hack, a variant of PHP, is used for its type system and performance improvements. Facebook also uses React for its front-end development and Erlang for its messaging system.

5. Can I use the same programming languages as Facebook for my own projects?

While you can certainly use the same programming languages as Facebook for your own projects, keep in mind that the company has a large team of experienced developers and resources that may not be available to you. It's important to choose a language that best fits your project's needs and your own skillset.