Wess Zumino model in two dimentions

• Thread starter alialice
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Model
In summary, the Wess Zumino model in two dimensions has real spinors due to the Majorana condition and a superfield that consists of a scalar field A, a spinorial field ψ, and a scalar field F. The supersymmetry transformations of the fields are given by the susy generator Q_α, which involves the derivative with respect to the conjugate spinor and the product of the spinor and the derivative with respect to the coordinate. The invariant action of the model is not specified. There is a request for help in calculating the susy transformations and a reference for this information.
alialice
Hi!
I need some help to describe a Wess Zumino model in two dimensions: spinors are real (because of the Majorana condition) and the superfield is:
[itex]\phi[/itex][itex]\left(x,\theta \right)[/itex]= A(x) + i [itex]\bar{\theta}[/itex] [itex]\psi[/itex](x) + [itex]\frac{1}{2}[/itex] i [itex]\bar{\theta}[/itex] θ F(x)
where:
A and F are scalar
ψ is a spinorial field
1) What are the supersymmetry transformations of the fields?
The susy generator is:
Q[itex]_{\alpha}[/itex] = [itex]\frac{\partial}{\partial \bar{\theta^{\alpha}}}[/itex] - i ([itex]\gamma_{\mu} \theta[/itex] )[itex]_{\alpha}[/itex] [itex]\partial[/itex][itex]_{\mu}[/itex]
2) Which is the invariant action of the model?
Thank you very much if you could give me some help! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
or do you know a reference where I can found this?

Is there someone who knows how to calculate the susy transformations please?

Related to Wess Zumino model in two dimentions

1. What is the Wess Zumino model in two dimensions?

The Wess Zumino model in two dimensions is a quantum field theory that describes the interactions between chiral fermions and a scalar field. It was originally proposed by Julius Wess and Bruno Zumino in 1974 as a supersymmetric extension of the nonlinear sigma model.

2. What are chiral fermions?

Chiral fermions are fundamental particles that have a chirality, or handedness, associated with their spin. This means that they only interact with one type of helicity, or spin direction. In the Wess Zumino model, the chiral fermions are represented by left- and right-handed Weyl fermions.

3. What are the key features of the Wess Zumino model?

The Wess Zumino model has several key features, including supersymmetry, which relates fermionic and bosonic fields, and a non-Abelian symmetry that allows for the exchange of particles. It also has a scalar potential that leads to spontaneous symmetry breaking, resulting in the emergence of Goldstone bosons.

4. What is the significance of the two-dimensional nature of the Wess Zumino model?

The Wess Zumino model in two dimensions is a simplified version of the four-dimensional model, which is used to study supersymmetry and its breaking. The two-dimensional model serves as a useful tool for exploring the mathematical structure of supersymmetry and understanding its implications in higher dimensions.

5. What are some current areas of research related to the Wess Zumino model in two dimensions?

Current research on the Wess Zumino model in two dimensions includes studying its properties in different geometries, such as curved spacetime, and its applications in condensed matter physics. It is also being used to investigate the connection between supersymmetry and conformal field theory.