What are classons and weakons particles?

• Thread starter aemla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Particles
In summary, the conversation discusses particles, particularly bosons, weakons, and classons. Bosons are particles that do not follow the Pauli exclusion principle and have integer spin. Weakons are believed to be particles of the weak nuclear force, including the W and Z bosons. Classons, on the other hand, are hypothetical particles that attempt to explain gravity and are described as massless bosons. However, there is limited information on classons available. They were mentioned in a dictionary and seem to be unused currently. The conversation also mentions that these names were found in a Webster's dictionary while looking up fermions and bosons.
aemla
Can someone explain to me what those particles are?

I know they are bosons, meaning they do not obey Pauli exclusionary principle and have integer spin.
I'm guessing weakons are particles of weak nuclear force including z and w bosons.
But information on classons is very limited on internet.

If someone could define classon, explain, and provide examples that would be much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Where did you find those names?

According to some dictionary, classons are "Massless bosons which are quanta of the two classical fields, gravitational and electromagnetic.". In other words, hypothetical particles in some attempt to quantify gravity. On the other hand, most google hits are dictionaries with copies of that or a very similar explanation...

Weakons seem to be W and Z bosons, I agree (reference).

These terms, however, are virtually unused. Maybe they were used in the past, but not now.

I got those names from my Webster's dictionary while looking up fermions and bosons. It just surprised me the fact that I never heard of those names.
Thanks for the clarification of classons.

FAQ: What are classons and weakons particles?

What are classons and weakons particles?

Classons and weakons particles are hypothetical particles proposed by physicists to explain the behavior of the weak nuclear force. They are thought to be the carriers of this force, similar to how photons are the carriers of the electromagnetic force.

How are classons and weakons related to the weak nuclear force?

Classons and weakons particles are believed to be the mediators of the weak nuclear force, which is responsible for radioactive decay and other subatomic processes. These particles are thought to interact with other particles through the exchange of classons and weakons.

Are there any experimental evidence for the existence of classons and weakons?

At this time, there is no experimental evidence for the existence of classons and weakons particles. They are purely theoretical and have not been detected or observed in any experiments. Scientists continue to search for evidence of these particles through various experiments and studies.

What is the difference between classons and weakons?

The main difference between classons and weakons lies in their properties and interactions. Classons are believed to have a higher mass and interact with particles over a shorter distance, while weakons have a lower mass and interact over a longer distance. Additionally, classons are proposed to be responsible for the weak force between quarks, while weakons are thought to mediate the weak force between leptons.

How do classons and weakons fit into the Standard Model of particle physics?

Currently, classons and weakons are not included in the Standard Model of particle physics. This model describes the known particles and their interactions, but does not include the hypothetical classons and weakons particles. If these particles are proven to exist, they would need to be incorporated into the Standard Model to fully explain the behavior of the weak force.

Back