What Are My Options for Proving My Science Knowledge for University Admission?

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, you should try to find a school that will allow you to switch majors without having to take pre-requisites. You should also visit the physics department and talk to an advisor to see what they think the best course of action is.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I applied without any, and I mean no science class.

I have to somehow prove that I can do it somehow. The closest thing to Science that I have is Calculus and Stats.

I need to compose an essay to somewhat prove my knowledge.

So, I am here asking everyone for advice on which topic would be appropriate for this situation.

Note: This is undergrad, and I am in college right now for Accounting.

I was thinking about Special Relativity, or something in the sub-atomic world.

I am also thinking about going to a high school, and pay money to write their final exam, and get the scores checked out. It will consist of no credits, but it will determine whether or not I know what I am doing.

Thanks, for all the advice.

You can tell me to start over, and I accept that, but please give me useful advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
So, I should start over?

?

So what are you asking? You want to change majors from accounting to physics? What school are you referring to that requires a letter to change majors?

I'm asking how can I prove I know something about physics or science in general. I have no science classes under my name.

I am switching schools, and majors.

You don't need a letter; you just need pre-requisites.

Go talk to the transfer school's physics department and talk to an advisor. Find out what they think the best course of action is. If you prove to someone there that you're willing to put in the work, I'm sure they'll be willing to work with you.

uh I was pre-law for 2 years and easily switched to another school for a double physics and math major...schools don't necessarily want people who have been immersed in science their entire college life...you just need to have taken basic calculus courses and have gotten good grades in your classes to your previous major (that shows you're smart and competent)...a smart person is a smart person

I was thinking the same thing, but I called them up and they said pre-requisites are 100% mandatory.

I'm going to visit school next week, and I'll find out what I have to do exactly.

I will probably end up taking adult night school. It will make sure I know everything I guess.

FAQ: What Are My Options for Proving My Science Knowledge for University Admission?

What are the requirements for getting into university?

The requirements for getting into university may vary depending on the institution, but generally, they include a high school diploma or equivalent, satisfactory grades, standardized test scores, and letters of recommendation. Some universities may also require an essay or personal statement and extracurricular activities.

Do I need to take the SAT or ACT to get into university?

Most universities in the United States require applicants to take either the SAT or ACT. However, some universities have become test-optional, meaning they do not require standardized test scores for admission. It is best to check with the specific university you are interested in for their requirements.

What is a good GPA for getting into university?

The definition of a "good" GPA may vary, but generally, a GPA of 3.0 or higher is considered competitive for admission to most universities. However, some universities may have higher or lower GPA requirements, so it is important to research the specific requirements of the universities you are interested in.

Can I get into university if I don't have perfect grades?

Yes, it is still possible to get into university with less than perfect grades. Many universities consider a variety of factors in their admission process, such as extracurricular activities, essays, and letters of recommendation. It is also important to showcase any strengths or unique qualities that set you apart from other applicants.

When should I start preparing for university admissions?

It is never too early to start preparing for university admissions. It is recommended to start researching universities and their requirements in your freshman or sophomore year of high school. This will give you enough time to take any necessary courses or tests and improve your grades if needed. It is also important to stay organized and keep track of deadlines for applications and required materials.