What are Some Common Misconceptions About Physics and How Can They be Addressed?

• Thread starter Niko Papadopoulos
  • Start date
In summary, there are several common misconceptions about physics, such as the belief that it only involves complex equations and calculations, or that it is only applicable to theoretical concepts. However, physics is a broad and practical science that encompasses everything from understanding the properties of matter to explaining the workings of the universe. To address these misconceptions, it is important to emphasize the real-world applications of physics and its relevance to everyday life, as well as to debunk the idea that it is only for a select few with exceptional mathematical abilities. By promoting a more accessible and practical understanding of physics, these misconceptions can be overcome and more people can appreciate the fascinating world of physics.
Niko Papadopoulos
I'm a med student from Munich and I'm soon going to have my physics exam.
Fell in love with the subject :)

Some things I don't quite understand yet. I'm also into fractal mathematics and biochemistry :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 11.15.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 11.15.37 PM.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 250
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

By the way, the periodic table that you've attached, is not complete. Currently all the 118 elements have been named. See here.

Enjoy your time here. Learn and help others learn.

With regards,
Wrichik.