What are some helpful tips for studying engineering and software development?

• Thread starter BoanviaFx
  • Start date
In summary, "Hello World" is a phrase commonly used as the first program when learning a new programming language. It serves as an introduction to syntax and structure, and can be written differently in various programming languages. It is often taught to beginners to gain confidence and see immediate results. "Hello World" can also be used for testing, debugging, and creating simple programs. Although it is usually printed in the console or terminal, it can also be displayed in other mediums.
BoanviaFx
I am studying electronics engineering + software development + Maths advanced level + Physics Advanced Level

I am hoping to learn from the community. If someone needs any help regarding the Engineering Field feel free to ask! ( I'm not a professional because I am still a student :P )

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi! I think I need some help regarding engineering so please help me, I don't know how you can reply to my thread, but please help. Thanks.

Awesome_Ale said:
Hi! I think I need some help regarding engineering so please help me, I don't know how you can reply to my thread, but please help. Thanks.

Yes let's see what you have and I will do my best.

Well I'm a high school senior and I haven't decided what to study so I read that you're studying EE un what exacto y does that consist?

Awesome_Ale said:
Well I'm a high school senior and I haven't decided what to study so I read that you're studying EE un what exacto y does that consist?
You will find plenty of information in the Science Education forum here: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/academic-guidance.139/

If any of your questions are not answered, you will find a suitable thread there where you can ask, and there are some very helpful people ready to advise you.
I hope your time here proves very informative. http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/37332/0363e9373319108.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome_Ale said:

Well pretty much you will learn how components work individually, such as capacitors/resistors/transistors etc. Then you will learn mathematical formulas that allow you the calculate certain stuff within a circuit. These calculations determine how the circuit will operate, its called DC analysis or AC analysis. This is the boring part...

Fun part: You will learn a lot of how the world really works when it comes to the electrical field to, how electricity is distributed across towns and cities. But you won't go in detail because its Electrical not Electronics. Electronics consists of a lot of programming which allow you to create and control a lot of stuff. Anything you can imagine you can do this is why I love it. There are many fields where you can expand such as a biomedical engineering, working on robotic arms for people that suffered from limb loss. Research is still being done since they are not out yet. I really can't explain the possibilities, you can either fix, design or create.

Here are some projects I did in my free time but these aren't my videos. This is to give you a good idea:

Other careers:
PCB Design
Circuit Design
Industry Machine Design
Industry Machine Programmer
These jobs are the jobs I witnessed at my apprenticeship scheme, there are loads more that you can do.

If you are into flight there are also Avionics careers.

Hi

Does anyone know the job outlooks for software engineers?

Firedog89 said:
Does anyone know the job outlooks for software engineers?

Pretty high salary

People, please... this forum (New Member Introductions) is only for, uh, new member introductions and a bit of personal chitchat. Please feel free to ask (and respond to) substantive questions in an appropriate forum here. More people watch those other forums, so you're more likely to get good answers there.

FAQ: What are some helpful tips for studying engineering and software development?

1. What is "Hello World" and why is it used?

"Hello World" is a simple phrase that is commonly used as the first program to be written when learning a new programming language. It is used as a basic introduction to the syntax and structure of a programming language.

2. How do you write "Hello World" in different programming languages?

The code for "Hello World" may vary slightly depending on the programming language, but the basic structure is to use a print statement or function to output the phrase. For example, in Java, you would write: System.out.println("Hello World"); In Python, it would be: print("Hello World")

3. Why is "Hello World" often the first program taught to beginners?

As mentioned before, "Hello World" serves as a simple introduction to the syntax and structure of a programming language. It also allows beginners to see immediate results and gain confidence in their ability to write code.

4. Can "Hello World" be used for more than just an introductory program?

Yes, "Hello World" can be used for other purposes such as testing code, debugging, and creating simple programs. It can also be modified to include user input or other functions to demonstrate more advanced concepts.

5. Is there a specific reason why "Hello World" is always printed in the console or terminal?

No, "Hello World" can be printed in other output mediums such as a web page or a graphical user interface. However, printing it in the console or terminal is a common practice because it is a simple and efficient way to display the output.

Back