What are some resources for learning about the history of astronomy and physics?

• Thread starter zaices
  • Start date
zaices
Hi everyone! My name is Zai, a junior in high school and a passionate learner.

I stumbled upon the forums whilst looking for information about Stephen Hawking, a well regarded cosmologist as most of you are probably aware. I've just recently found a growing interest in physics and most especially astrophysics, but have always been interested in learning about space and the cosmos in general since I was little. It's definitely something I want to continue to learn more about, so I am happy to on board. See you around in the forums!

Physics news on Phys.org
Cool Avatar.

To understand Hawking, it can be useful to read the works of previous astronomers and physicists. You can start with Newton and you may even want to go back further still. Read about Hubble and Einstein. Youtube has many of the Carl Sagan Cosmos episodes. Find and read the reference material that supports the topic of each. Next, find and view the Cosmos youtube videos by Neal deGrasse Tyson. Find and read the reference material for each episode. It is just that simple. It only takes one-and-a-half lifetimes. You can do that, I know you can!

Back