What are some webstore solutions for combining image galleries and services?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a webstore solution that can incorporate an image gallery and other services. The options discussed were using a website builder, such as Square Space or Wix, to create a professional website with eCommerce capabilities, or utilizing a photo gallery site that can integrate services. It was noted that Square Space has a more comprehensive version for professional use, while Wix is gaining popularity.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I'm looking for suggestions for a webstore solution that can combine an image gallery (such as flickr or PhotoBucket) with services in the same site.

It is possible to sell images via one of these gallery sites - they take care of all the transactions - but I don't think they facilitate transactions for other services.

As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure what solutions there are for services, let alone combining that with an image gallery.

I'd like to advertise, but I need an online presence to point potential customers at.Suggestions?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Build your own website .

You can do this the hard way by learning the languages needed or you can use a website builder of which there are many .

Many of the website builders have a range of templates for standard applications including ones for running a webstore .

Last edited:
Hm. These seem to facilitate a business with fixed products, and all the product formatting must be handled by me. I like the fact that the photo gallery stores often have all the formatting and materials options baked right in. A user can simply choose a size and paper and pay up, and it is shipped to the customer without me lifting a finger.

So maybe I should look at photo gallery sites that can have some services integrated in.

You need only use your personal website as the customer browsing and trading facility if you want to . Leave all the pictures on photogallery and pull them as needed using links from your website .

ps: The full version of the BT web builder has many more facilities than the simplified eshop version .

Nidum said:
Build your own website .

You can do this the hard way by learning the languages needed or you can use a website builder of which there are many .
As a Web Developer, no one is more aware than me how much effort it would be for a person to build their own eCommerce solution. No thanks.

jedishrfu said:
Here's the Square Space url:
Yes, I checked them out. Thx.

There's another one hitting the rounds too:

wix.com

FAQ: What are some webstore solutions for combining image galleries and services?

What is a webstore solution?

A webstore solution is a software or platform that allows businesses to create and manage their online store. It typically includes features such as product listings, shopping cart functionality, payment processing, and order management.

What are the benefits of using a webstore solution?

Using a webstore solution can provide numerous benefits for businesses, such as increased visibility and accessibility for customers, streamlined sales and inventory management, and the ability to reach a global market.

What factors should be considered when choosing a webstore solution?

When choosing a webstore solution, it is important to consider factors such as your budget, the features and functionality offered, ease of use, integration with other systems, and customer support options.

Can a webstore solution be customized to fit my specific business needs?

Yes, many webstore solutions offer customization options to fit the specific needs and branding of a business. This can include design templates, integrations with other tools, and the ability to add unique features and functionalities.

Are there any security concerns with using a webstore solution?

Security is a critical consideration when choosing a webstore solution. Make sure to research the security measures and protocols in place, such as SSL encryption, to protect your customers' sensitive information and prevent data breaches.

Back