What are the Basics of Vehicle Dynamics and Control for Self-Taught Scientists?

• Thread starter Wil_O
  • Start date
In summary, vehicle dynamics and control is the study of how vehicles move and respond to different forces and inputs, such as steering and braking. Self-taught scientists can gain a basic understanding of this field by learning about key concepts such as weight distribution, center of gravity, and suspension systems. They can also explore the principles of vehicle stability, including understeer and oversteer, and how to control these dynamics through techniques like countersteering and weight transfer. Additionally, understanding the role of tires and aerodynamics in vehicle performance is essential for self-taught scientists interested in vehicle dynamics and control.
Wil_O
HI everyone, my name's Wil and I'm a middle-aged guy with a strong interest in vehicle dynamics, especially in the area of stability and control, and rigid body dynamics in general.
I'm mostly self-taught, and though that path has been 'inefficient' in terms of the ratio of knowledge gained/time spent, I've enjoyed the process very much.
I'd like to further my knowledge and problem-solving capabilities in physics/mechanics, as well as control theory. I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Wil!