What are the benefits of studying hydrocolloids extracted from seaweeds?

• Thread starter Phythochem
  • Start date
In summary, studying hydrocolloids extracted from seaweeds can have numerous benefits. These compounds have been found to have unique properties that make them useful in various industries, such as food, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics. They are also environmentally friendly and sustainable, as seaweeds can be easily grown and harvested. Additionally, hydrocolloids from seaweeds have been shown to have potential health benefits, such as reducing cholesterol levels and aiding in digestion. Overall, studying these compounds can lead to the development of new and innovative products, while also promoting a more sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
Phythochem
Hello !
I'm studying organic chemistry in Corsica (France) and have a bachelor degree in Physics and Chemistry. Currently I'm on an internship in London, working on hydrocolloids (especially extracted from seaweeds).
I'm joining this forum hoping to have an audience if I have questions, to be able to answer question on my field and just for having access to more scientific contents.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!