What Are the Best Books for Mastering High School Math and Physics?

• Thread starter Denurry
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person preparing for SAT, MATH2, and Physics subject tests. They mention using Barron's preparation guides but are unsure about the fundamentals of math and physics due to not being a US citizen. They ask for suggestions on books or coursebooks used in high school, specifically mentioning authors such as Serway, Young and Freedman, Giancoli, and Halliday and Resnick for physics. They also mention their need for material to cover all aspects of high school math and physics, including calculus, and to practice problem-solving techniques. They thank someone named "fss" for their advice.
Denurry
Suggest learning matierial please!

Hi everyone. I am preparing for SAT, MATH2, Physics subject tests on my own. I have got barron's preporation guides that i like and i could probably use them if i knew all the fundamentals of math and physics. Since i am not a Us citizen i have no idea what curriculum u guys follow. Can you suggest what books or coursebooks (name, author etc) you are using in high school? i do know a descent amount of math and physics but do not get a clear picture sometimes so if you could help me please do so))

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Honestly the review books teach right to the test and should give you an idea of what to study. Serway, Young and Freedman, Giancoli, and Halliday and Resnick are oft-recommended "survey" texts for physics.

Yeah i know that. The problem is these prep books allow you to learn to apply your math/physics knowledge to a specific test (SAT). I don't have any problems preparing for the test, my problem is that i do not have full understanding of the subject. I need material that would cover all aspects of high school math(with calculus), physics and a duzzen of excersises to practice my problem solving techniques.
Thanks for advise fss! what about math?

FAQ: What Are the Best Books for Mastering High School Math and Physics?

What are some good resources for learning about a specific scientific topic?

There are many great resources for learning about scientific topics, including textbooks, scientific journals and articles, online courses, and educational websites. It's also helpful to talk to experts in the field or attend conferences and workshops.

How do I choose the best learning material for my needs?

The best learning material for you will depend on your learning style and the depth and complexity of the topic. Consider your preferences for visual, auditory, or hands-on learning, and choose materials that are appropriate for your level of understanding.

Are there any free learning materials available?

Yes, there are many free learning materials available online, such as open-access textbooks, educational videos, and interactive simulations. It's also worth checking with your local library or university for access to online resources.

How can I ensure that the learning material is accurate and reliable?

To ensure the accuracy and reliability of learning material, it's important to check the credentials of the author or publisher and verify the information with multiple sources. Look for peer-reviewed sources and sources from reputable organizations or institutions.

Is it better to use multiple learning materials or stick to one resource?

Using multiple learning materials can provide a more comprehensive understanding of a topic, but it's important to not overwhelm yourself. Experiment with different resources and find a balance that works best for you, whether it's using one main resource or a combination of several.

Back