What are the connections between chemistry and environmental biology?

• Thread starter Whitney
  • Start date
In summary, chemistry and environmental biology are closely interconnected fields of study that aim to understand the complex interactions between chemicals and living organisms within the environment. Chemistry plays a crucial role in environmental biology by providing the fundamental understanding of the properties and reactions of various substances in the environment, such as pollutants and nutrients. This knowledge is essential for studying the impact of these substances on living organisms and their ecosystems. On the other hand, environmental biology provides a broader perspective on the effects of chemicals on living organisms and the environment as a whole, taking into account factors such as biodiversity and ecological balance. Overall, the combination of chemistry and environmental biology is crucial for understanding and addressing environmental issues and promoting sustainable solutions.
Whitney
I'm new here, very obvious, why else would I be making this post. I've always been interested in Physics and why and how everything works. I am looking forward to exploring the threads and gaining knowledge.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Whitney. Enjoy the forums! :smile:

Likes Whitney
Thank you, berkeman, I definitely am. I'm working toward getting an associates of science degree and am then going to transfer to a 4 year college and get a degree in environmental biology. I have always been interested in all things science, but after taking chemistry I find myself pondering how everything is connected. My searches led me to this website. After exploring, there is so much I don't know.