What are the latest therories in physics?

• Thread starter gomunkul51
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discusses the request for information on the latest theories in physics from the last 20 years. The main topics mentioned include astronomy, quantum, space-time, reality, chaos, information, thermodynamics, uncertainty, and fusion. The conversation also mentions the consequences and the speaker's interest in pursuing graduate education in physics.
gomunkul51
I really want to know what are the latest (i.e. last 20 years) theories in physics?
In astronomy, quantum, space-time, reality, chaos, information, thermodynamics, uncertainty, fusion ect. ect. ect.
What is the main idea and what are the consequences.

Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds terribly like homework.

Do you really need all theories of the last 20 years? That's a hell of a long list.

Have you done any digging yourself?

I assure you this is not homework. You are welcome to invent any test for me (I'm a B.Sc in ME).

I will elaborate: Ideas form the last 20 years that are not basic general relativity, nor any old ideas in classical physics and not basic quantum mechanics.
By 20 years I mean ideas that are new but also those that had time to ripen.
Also I have in mind Ideas that are new, not common and have interesting consequences.

I'm contemplating graduate education (I have M.Sc. in physics in mind) and I feel that there are people in physics research that have ides that are common to them and are not widely known. Furthermore I am very interested in physics and I love it :)

FAQ: What are the latest therories in physics?

1. What is the latest theory in physics?

The latest theory in physics is the Theory of Everything, which is a theoretical framework that aims to unify all fundamental forces and explain the behavior of the universe at both a quantum and cosmological level.

2. What is the significance of the Theory of Everything?

The Theory of Everything is significant because it has the potential to provide a complete understanding of the universe and its fundamental laws, and may lead to advancements in technology and a better understanding of our place in the universe.

3. How is the Theory of Everything being tested?

The Theory of Everything is currently being tested through experiments at particle accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider, as well as through observations of the universe through telescopes and other instruments.

4. Are there any other theories in physics that are gaining attention?

Yes, there are several other theories in physics that are gaining attention, such as string theory, multiverse theory, and loop quantum gravity. These theories also aim to explain the fundamental laws of the universe but have yet to be fully tested and accepted by the scientific community.

5. How do these theories impact our understanding of the universe?

These theories have a significant impact on our understanding of the universe by providing potential explanations for phenomena that have yet to be fully understood. They also push the boundaries of our knowledge and challenge us to think in new and innovative ways.