What Are the Rules for Joining Physics Discussions?

• Thread starter Forrest Guyton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    introduction
In summary, to join physics discussions, one should have a basic understanding of the subject, be respectful and open-minded towards different ideas, and provide evidence and logical reasoning to support their arguments. It is important to follow the rules of the discussion, such as staying on topic and avoiding personal attacks. Additionally, actively listening to others and asking questions can lead to a more productive and engaging discussion. Ultimately, the goal of a physics discussion is to exchange knowledge and ideas in a respectful and constructive manner.
Forrest Guyton
Hi. I'm Forrest Guyton. I'm a Senior Physics major at RPI. I've been reading a lot of discussions on physics forums for years but I've never actually "joined". I'm finding that as I'm getting good at math and comfortable with a lot of the formalisms we use in physics. I'm starting to be plagued by some of my deeper and more philosophical questions that remain unresolved in quantum mechanics and GR. I'm certainly not a lover of math for the sake of math but I've become captivated by reading up on Lie algebra, Clifford algebra and some differential geometry. I have a lot of questions in trying to understand what they mean for physics. I have recently started doing some research in stochastic charging in plasmas. I'm excited about occasionally get involved in some physics related discussions and community.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Forrest! Be sure to read the rules, and stay away from philosophical questions, we don't really allow them here, we stick to mainstream known science and let other sites deal with the wanderings related to philosophy. :smile: