What are the stunning sights waiting for you in Oslo and Hell?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary: If you are into palaces, fortresses and castles, then Sweden&Denmark has a lot more to offer than Norway. If you are interested in deep, never-ending woods dotted with lakes (ideal for camping), then Finland is a good choice. If you want the best sum total, visit Norway.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Okay, not from THAT Hell, but the Norwegian village Hell.
These are not my photos, but I liked them very much.

The first picture is of Oslo's main street, ending at the Royal Palace:

http://www.myphotographs.net/norway/picture1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Those are great pics, thanks for sharing them

Wow, the Viking Museum rules! :smile:

radou said:
Wow, the Viking Museum rules! :smile:

Glad you liked it. Here is a bit of Vikingish architecture, the Borgund stave church:

http://folk.uio.no/nilsroar/laerdal/borgund.jpg

This church was built some time before 1200 (the age of the timber has been dated to the winter 1180-81), and was in active use as the community church for almost 700 years.

arildno said:
Glad you liked it. Here is a bit of Vikingish architecture, the Borgund stave church:

http://folk.uio.no/nilsroar/laerdal/borgund.jpg

This church was built some time before 1200 (the age of the timber has been dated to the winter 1180-81), and was in active use as the community church for almost 700 years.

Incredible! I love the pics.

You know, in the US we don't have a long history. Obviously the native Americans go way back, but they didn't leave us the rich history of documents and architecture, or the sense of connection with the past that you all get.

Nearly made a trip to Norway some years ago. Unfortunately, at the last minute I was bumped by a manager who wanted to go. I'm not Norwegian, but I am part Swedish and part Finnish. I would love to see that part of the world.

:bugeye: The church looks amazing.

radou said:
:bugeye: The church looks amazing.

Thats putting it incredibly mildly.

WOW. :bugeye:

http://www.hell2u.com/index.htm" Beautiful! And you have a city named Hell too! The city of Hell Michigan, is just a little road side attraction. But there is a cute eatery there, called the Dam site Inn. And I do have a tee shirt, that says, Don't mess with me, I've been to Hell.:smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
Incredible! I love the pics.

You know, in the US we don't have a long history. Obviously the native Americans go way back, but they didn't leave us the rich history of documents and architecture, or the sense of connection with the past that you all get.

Nearly made a trip to Norway some years ago. Unfortunately, at the last minute I was bumped by a manager who wanted to go. I'm not Norwegian, but I am part Swedish and part Finnish. I would love to see that part of the world.

If you are into palaces, fortresses and castles, then Sweden&Denmark has a lot more to offer than Norway.

If you are interested in deep, never-ending woods dotted with lakes (ideal for camping), then Finland is a good choice.

If you want the best sum total, visit Norway. :smile:

Yay, Norwegian power.

FAQ: What are the stunning sights waiting for you in Oslo and Hell?

What is "Visions from Oslo and Hell"?

"Visions from Oslo and Hell" is a book written by author and scientist, Dr. Jorgen F. Kirsebom. The book explores the intersection of science and spirituality, discussing various visions and experiences the author had while visiting Oslo, Norway and Hell, Michigan.

What inspired Dr. Kirsebom to write this book?

Dr. Kirsebom was inspired to write this book after having a series of profound experiences in Oslo and Hell that challenged his beliefs and understanding of the world. He wanted to share these visions with others and explore the deeper meaning behind them.

Is "Visions from Oslo and Hell" based on scientific research?

Yes, "Visions from Oslo and Hell" is based on scientific research and theories, as well as the author's personal experiences and interpretations. Dr. Kirsebom incorporates neuroscience, psychology, and quantum physics in his discussions of the visions and their implications.

What can readers expect to gain from reading this book?

Readers can expect to gain a deeper understanding of the connection between science and spirituality, as well as insights into the human mind and consciousness. The book also offers a thought-provoking perspective on the nature of reality and our place in the universe.

Is "Visions from Oslo and Hell" suitable for all audiences?

While the book does involve scientific concepts, it is written in a way that is accessible to readers of all backgrounds. However, some readers may find the discussions of spirituality and consciousness to be more challenging or thought-provoking. Overall, the book is suitable for anyone with an open mind and a curiosity about the intersection of science and spirituality.