What are the top interests of a first year theoretical physics student?

• Thread starter Jack Devil
  • Start date
In summary, the top interests of a first year theoretical physics student include understanding the fundamental principles of physics, studying mathematical concepts and equations, exploring the theories of relativity and quantum mechanics, and engaging in hands-on experiments and research projects to apply theoretical knowledge. They also have a strong curiosity for the mysteries of the universe and a desire to uncover the secrets of the physical world through scientific exploration. Additionally, first year theoretical physics students are interested in developing critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities to tackle complex and abstract concepts.
Jack Devil
Hello everyone,

I'm first year student of theoretical physics at Jagiellonian University, Poland. I'm so happy to join a community of people interested in science, in physics particularly.

For now, my main interest is GR (which I'd like to learn in depth, but I'm less than a beginner) and popularisation of science. I'm very new to all this stuff, so my interests might change anytime.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!