What Are the Transfer Requirements for UIUC Engineering Students?

• Thread starter leapoldstotch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uiuc
In summary, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has transfer requirements for students coming from Kankakee Community College with an Associate's degree in Engineering Science. These requirements include completing specific courses in computer science, engineering, mathematics, and physics, as well as general education courses in communications, laboratory science, mathematics, humanities, and social and behavioral science. Students interested in transferring should contact the university and meet with an advisor to ensure they are meeting all necessary requirements and increase their chances of being accepted into the Nuclear Engineering program.
leapoldstotch
Transfer requirements of UIUC??

I am attending kankakee community college in kankakee illinois. www.kcc.edu
I will have an accociates in engineering science when i complete the whole curriculum.

I am wondering what classes are needed to transfer to the univeristy of illinois.
Alot of people are saying you need 3 credits of spanish so they can't get in, and all kinds of things. Talking about how impossible it is to transfer to this college.

I am looking to go into nuclear engineering there, if someone could give me a guideline of what i should do and which classes i need other than the ones I am taking now to increase my chances of transfering there.

Engineering Science (10 courses) Credit hours: 35
Complete all four sub-requirements:
1. Computer Science - 3 credit hours
* COSC 2613 - Computer Programming for Science and Engineering
2. Engineering - 12 credit hours
* ENGR 1513 - Engineering Graphics
* ENGR 1613 - Statics
* ENGR 1623 - Dynamics
* ENGR 2613 - Electrical Circuits and Networks
3. Mathematics - 8 credit hours
* MATH 2535 - Calculus and Analytic Geometry III
* MATH 2613 - Differential Equations
4. Physics - 12 credit hours
* PHYS 2614 - Physics I
* PHYS 2624 - Physics II
* PHYS 2634 - Physics III
Communications General Education (2 courses) Credit hours: 6
Both courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
* ENGL 1613 - English I
* ENGL 1623 - English II
Laboratory Science General Education (2 courses) Credit hours: 8
* CHEM 1514 - General Chemistry I
* CHEM 1524 - General Chemistry II
Mathematics General Education (2 courses) Credit hours: 8
* MATH 2515 - Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
* MATH 2523 - Calculus and Analytic Geometry II

Humanities General Education (1 course) Credit hours: 3

Social and Behavioral Science (2 courses) Credit hours: 6

This is the schedule i will have completed when i try and transfer.
What other classes will i need?
What other classes will help?
What can i do to get in!

Physics news on Phys.org

I don't mean to sound harsh here, but with such a specific question you really do need to call/e-mail/visit the University of Illinois and talk to somebody in Undergraduate Education (or their similarly-named administrative unit) rather than solicit advice on the internet.

Have you at least looked on the UIUC website for the official requirements for transfer students? Surely they must have something online.

Was banking on someone here might have gone there. Its very high ranked, if not #1 in the nation. If they went for Nuke then they would know exactly the answer. But yes I am doing research on my own of course. More information from anybody can't hurt.

I would strongly suggest getting an appointment with an advisor at the university. Requirements/expectations may have changed since whomever responds here attended classes. The advisor will also be of more help with the specific's of your schedule.

Related to What Are the Transfer Requirements for UIUC Engineering Students?

What are the transfer requirements for UIUC?

The transfer requirements for UIUC vary depending on the program and the applicant's previous education. Generally, transfer students must have completed at least one year of college coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.5. Some programs may have higher GPA requirements and may require specific courses to be completed.

Do I need to submit SAT/ACT scores as a transfer student?

No, as a transfer student, you do not need to submit SAT or ACT scores. These scores are only required for high school applicants. However, if you have taken these exams and have good scores, you are encouraged to submit them as they may strengthen your application.

Can I transfer credits from another college/university to UIUC?

Yes, UIUC accepts transfer credits from other accredited colleges and universities. However, the number of credits accepted and how they will count towards your degree will depend on the program and the courses you have taken. It is best to consult with an academic advisor for more specific information.

Are there any specific courses required for transfer students?

Some programs at UIUC may have specific course requirements for transfer students. These requirements may include certain prerequisite courses or courses that must be completed before applying to the program. It is important to research the requirements for your desired program and ensure you have completed any necessary courses.

Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for transfer students?

Yes, transfer students are eligible for scholarships and financial aid at UIUC. There are specific scholarships available for transfer students, and you may also be eligible for general scholarships based on your academic achievements or financial need. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities as early as possible.