What are the Vector Components for a Plane's Emergency Landing in Galisto?

• Thread starter SaltyBriefs
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vectors
In summary, a plane traveling from Galisto airport flew 180 km at 68.0 degrees east of north, then changed direction to fly 260 km at 48.0 degrees south of east before making an emergency landing in a pasture. The attempt at a solution involved using trigonometry to find the angles, but was limited by only having knowledge of the two given sides. The trip can be broken down into two parts, with North-South and East-West components, which can be added separately to locate the plane.
SaltyBriefs

Homework Statement

A plane leaves the airport in Galisto and flies 180 km at 68.0 (degrees) east of north and then changes direction to fly 260 km at 48.0 (degrees) south of east, after which it makes an immediate emergency landing in a pasture.

Homework Equations

Trig equations?

The Attempt at a Solution

Well I tried to use trigonometry to find any of the angles, but where I get stuck is, I only know the 2 given sides, that's about it.

Physics news on Phys.org
SaltyBriefs said:

Homework Statement

A plane leaves the airport in Galisto and flies 180 km at 68.0 (degrees) east of north and then changes direction to fly 260 km at 48.0 (degrees) south of east, after which it makes an immediate emergency landing in a pasture.

Homework Equations

Trig equations?

The Attempt at a Solution

Well I tried to use trigonometry to find any of the angles, but where I get stuck is, I only know the 2 given sides, that's about it.

The first part of the trip will have a North-South Component [going North] and an East-West component [going East]
The second part will had a North-South Component [going South] and an East-West Component [going East]
Add the components separately [who knows, the North-South Components might actually cancel out] to get two over-all components from which you can locate the plane.

Related to What are the Vector Components for a Plane's Emergency Landing in Galisto?

1. What is "Vectors: Emergency Landing"?

"Vectors: Emergency Landing" is a mobile game that challenges players to navigate a plane through various obstacles in order to safely land it on a runway.

2. How do I control the plane in the game?

The plane is controlled by tilting your device or using on-screen controls. Tilting the device will move the plane in the corresponding direction, while on-screen controls allow for more precise movements.

3. Are there different levels in the game?

Yes, "Vectors: Emergency Landing" has multiple levels with increasing difficulty. Each level has a unique layout of obstacles and challenges to test the player's skills.

4. Can I customize my plane in the game?

Yes, players have the option to choose from different planes with varying abilities and designs. These planes can be unlocked by completing levels or through in-game purchases.

5. Is "Vectors: Emergency Landing" available on all devices?

No, "Vectors: Emergency Landing" is currently only available on mobile devices running on iOS or Android operating systems. It can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store.