What Can a Swedish Information Technology Student Bring to the Physics World?

• Thread starter Tommy R
  • Start date
In summary, a Swedish information technology student can bring valuable skills and perspectives to the physics world. With a strong background in technology and problem-solving, they can contribute to the development and implementation of advanced tools and methods in physics research. Their analytical and logical thinking can also aid in the understanding and interpretation of complex data. Additionally, their cultural diversity and international experience can bring fresh ideas and collaborations to the field. Overall, a Swedish IT student can bring a unique and valuable contribution to the physics world.
Tommy R
Hi, I'm a Swedish student studying information technology with a great interest for physics and mathematics. I hope to be learn new interesting things and hopefully be able to help out a little too with the knowledge I have :)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The electron is not a point charge sitting at the distance you gave from the nucleus. Quantum mechanically, the charge is "smeared out" into a distribution given by the electron wave function. If you do the calculation taking this into account, you should get the right answer.

phyzguy said:
The electron is not a point charge sitting at the distance you gave from the nucleus. Quantum mechanically, the charge is "smeared out" into a distribution given by the electron wave function. If you do the calculation taking this into account, you should get the right answer.
(I did not intend this to end up in introduction so I changed the thread to an introduction. Ehm should I revert back to the question or keep both. I screwed up D:)

I know a little about the quantum smudge, yes, but shouldn't the radious stated in my textbook be the average distance? And thus work out the same way?

No worries, just re-post in the technical Physics forums,