What Defines the Fabric of Time in Space?

• Thread starter 36grit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary: So, while relativity theory does allow for the concept of a space-time continuum, it does not require it.In summary, space is a physical entity that exists alongside time, and it is not clear if it requires physical matter to exist.
Naty1 said:
If you read books by Smolin, Thorne, Kaku, Susskind,Thorne, I don't think any would agree with Fredrick's (and others) earlier posts which he seems to be reconsidering.
Excuse me? You're suggesting that several of my posts in this thread have questionable content. I just made one claim that was too strong, in one post. My other posts were definitely good.

The comment was "science can't tell you what anything really is". I've had time to think about it, and I think the comment was definitely too strong, but there's more to it than that. A lot more. I might explain it in a much longer post later. I don't have the time right now.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Fredrik said:
My claim that "science doesn't tell you what anything really is" may be too strong.

Yeah, you better believe that statement is too strong. That's why I like to call people on that when they make such defeatist statements. Your answer may be the best current answer, but that doesn't mean it isn't a lame answer still.

I just made one claim that was too strong, in one post. My other posts were definitely good.

yes...that's all I was saying...and who knows, ultimately it may be proven it wasn't too strong...

Back