What Did You Think of the A2 Physics Practical Exam and Coursework?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the recent completion of the Physics A-level coursework and Practical Exam. The participants discussed their thoughts on the exams, with one mentioning that there wasn't enough time and another sharing their struggles with a broken pin during the spring question. There was also a mention of uncertainty about the accuracy of their results due to a lack of knowledge on laminar flow. Overall, the conversation ended with no one sharing their opinions, possibly due to the exams being over and done with.
Tyris
Not really a "help" question, but it is coursework related... now that the Physics A-level coursework and Practical Exam are over (so no chance of being accused of cheating), I'm curious to know: what did everybody think of them?
All I can say is, there wasn't enough time. The spring question was fine right up until my optical pin broke, so I had to guess some results. The blessing was in the graph, because you knew that X0 had to be 10 cm, so the graph had to pass through (0, ln 10).
The second question was a bit more off. I got something that was definitely non-proportional, but I haven't really studied laminar flow in any great detail, so I don't know whether I was right.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe they are glad it is over and done with, but if you tell us more we can comment on it.

I was actually asking for the opinions of people who had done it... but I guess this can be closed now, since no-one seems to have.

FAQ: What Did You Think of the A2 Physics Practical Exam and Coursework?

What is "The A2 Practical Exam"?

The A2 Practical Exam is an assessment given to students studying science at the A2 level, typically in their final year of high school. It is designed to test students' practical skills and understanding of scientific concepts through hands-on experiments and tasks.

How is "The A2 Practical Exam" structured?

The A2 Practical Exam typically consists of several tasks or experiments that students must complete within a specific time frame. These tasks may vary depending on the subject being tested, but they often involve conducting experiments, analyzing data, and answering questions based on the results.

What subjects are covered in "The A2 Practical Exam"?

The subjects covered in the A2 Practical Exam will depend on the specific science course being taken. However, it typically includes a combination of physics, chemistry, and biology experiments, as well as concepts from other related fields such as mathematics and statistics.

How is "The A2 Practical Exam" graded?

The A2 Practical Exam is typically graded on a scale of A*-E, with A* being the highest grade. Each task or experiment is assigned a specific number of marks, and the final grade is determined by the total number of marks earned across all tasks. The specific grading criteria may vary depending on the subject and exam board.

What is the purpose of "The A2 Practical Exam"?

The A2 Practical Exam serves several purposes. It allows students to demonstrate their practical skills and understanding of scientific concepts, which is essential for further education and careers in science. It also helps to ensure that students have a well-rounded understanding of the subject and can apply their knowledge in real-world situations.

Back