What does it mean variable Direct Current ?

In summary, "variable Direct Current" refers to a DC voltage source that can change or vary in value, similar to an AC voltage source. This can be observed by measuring the voltage and current at different values of the DC voltage source.
vkash
what does it mean "variable Direct Current"?

I am confused on the point where i see the word variable DC in a question(see attachment). If a DC vary like a curve then in some cases it can be like AC.
How is it varying
(Don't tell me answers.)

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2012-02-27 01:08:57.png
    Screenshot at 2012-02-27 01:08:57.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,116
Physics news on Phys.org

vkash said:
I am confused on the point where i see the word variable DC in a question(see attachment). If a DC vary like a curve then in some cases it can be like AC.
How is it varying
(Don't tell me answers.)
attachment.php?attachmentid=44417&d=1330285199.png

The DC voltage source is not varying , it's variable .

You apply a DC voltage at some value, and measure V1, V2 and I.

Then, change the DC voltage to a different value, and measure V1, V2 and I.

   

Related to What does it mean variable Direct Current ?

What is a variable Direct Current?

A variable Direct Current (DC) is a type of electrical current that flows in only one direction, but its magnitude can vary over time. This is different from a constant DC which has a fixed magnitude.

How is a variable Direct Current created?

A variable DC can be created using a power supply that converts alternating current (AC) into DC and then using a device such as a potentiometer to vary the magnitude of the current.

What are the applications of a variable Direct Current?

A variable DC is used in a variety of applications such as electronic circuits, battery charging, and motor control. It is also commonly used in laboratory experiments and research.

What are the advantages of a variable Direct Current?

One advantage of a variable DC is its ability to be easily controlled and adjusted. This makes it useful in applications where precise control of the current is required. Additionally, it is more efficient and produces less heat compared to AC.

What is the main difference between variable Direct Current and Alternating Current?

The main difference between variable DC and AC is the direction of the current flow. In AC, the current alternates between flowing in opposite directions, while in variable DC, the current flows in only one direction but its magnitude can vary. Additionally, AC is used for long-distance power transmission, while variable DC is more commonly used for local applications.

Back