What Happens to a CRO Screen When Switching Between AC, GND, and DC Modes?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the use of an AC-GND-DC switch and what will happen on the screen when a dry cell is connected to a CRO with the switch in different positions. The speaker also mentions trying the experiment on an oscilloscope and seeking help on a forum for homework.
adrienne
what is the use of AC-GND-DC switch??

wt will happen on the screen if a dry cell is connected to the CRO with AC-GND-DC button switched to AC?? then wt will happen if GND is on??

Physics news on Phys.org
adrienne said:
what is the use of AC-GND-DC switch??

wt will happen on the screen if a dry cell is connected to the CRO with AC-GND-DC button switched to AC?? then wt will happen if GND is on??

Are we being asked your assignment questions?

Here's the deal with an oscilloscope - you simple go to one and TRY IT! Learning how an oscilloscope work from a piece of paper is like learning how to ride a bicycle simply by reading an instruction manual. It can't be done.

Look at what you're being asked, and go try it for yourself on a scope.

Zz.

of course I've tried all the questions on the work sheet... but i missed this two! and now I'm at home and i simply can't sneak back to sch and steal the CRO and do the experiment again! >< i guess there'll be no change when AC is on and the trace'lll become a straight line lying on the x-axis when GND's on... hope that's right??

May I also suggest that you post this in the appropriate section of PF? We do have a "homework help" section, which this thing qualifies.

Zz.

Related to What Happens to a CRO Screen When Switching Between AC, GND, and DC Modes?

What is a cathode ray oscilloscope?

A cathode ray oscilloscope (CRO) is a scientific instrument used to measure and display electrical signals. It works by using an electron beam to display the signal on a screen, allowing for visual analysis of the waveform.

How does a cathode ray oscilloscope work?

A CRO has three main components: an electron gun, deflection plates, and a fluorescent screen. The electron gun produces a beam of electrons, which is directed by the deflection plates to create a trace on the screen. The signal being measured controls the intensity and position of the electron beam, creating a visual representation of the signal.

What are the uses of a cathode ray oscilloscope?

CROs are used in a variety of fields, including electronics, telecommunications, and medicine. They are commonly used to troubleshoot electronic circuits, analyze waveforms, and measure electrical signals. In medicine, CROs are used to measure and monitor biological signals, such as ECGs and EEGs.

What are the advantages of using a cathode ray oscilloscope?

CROs offer several advantages over other types of measuring instruments. They provide a visual representation of the signal, making it easier to analyze and troubleshoot. They also have a wide frequency range and high precision, allowing for accurate measurements of fast-changing signals.

What are the limitations of a cathode ray oscilloscope?

While CROs have many advantages, they also have some limitations. They can only measure electrical signals and are not suitable for measuring physical quantities such as temperature or pressure. They also have a limited bandwidth, meaning they cannot accurately measure signals with frequencies above their specified range.