What is a good material for staging furniture

In summary, the conversation is discussing the need for lightweight, strong, and inexpensive furniture for staging purposes. The idea of using real furniture is dismissed due to cost concerns, and the suggestion of using inflatable mattresses and IKEA frames is proposed. The furniture should also be easily assembled and disassembled for transportation and storage. The purpose of staging is to decorate a room for sale, and the conversation is ultimately moved to a different forum for further discussion.
Mary waylde
It must be light strong and inexpensive. This would be used to make staging furniture. So it is moved often.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not use real furniture? If you make something special purpose and one of a kind, it will be expensive, and that will violate the "inexpensive" requirement.

We use real couches, cheap ones that are light. . It is tables and bed that are the problem. I want to make something we can snap together that is light. But strong so it lasts. People don't use the furniture so maybe strong may have been the wrong word but durable would be better. We want to create something that with the exception of couches one person could move. Also something that is easily assembled and disassembled so it can be easily transported and stored.

Welcome to the PF, Mary. :smile:

"Staging" has a particular meaning for the military and for Fire and EMS. Your post seems to be asking about somehting else. Can you give some examples, maybe UPLOAD a couple of pictures, and post some links?

Mary waylde said:
People don't use the furniture

LOL, who/what uses this furniture? Hamsters? Zebras?

"Staging" here is a real estate term. It means decorating a room for show so it can sell better.

@Mary waylde
Probably the best thing to do would be to use inflatable mattresses and IKEA frames

Likes berkeman
Mary waylde said:
Also something that is easily assembled and disassembled so it can be easily transported and stored.

Use your imagination for props.

Inflatable Couches/Beds might be useful.:smile::smile:

I agree - air mattresses are the way to go.

Dale said:
"Staging" here is a real estate term. It means decorating a room for show so it can sell better.
Oooohhhh! I guess I should have thought of that (sold our house a couple years ago, and it was indeed staged).

Thanks Dale. No zebras were harmed in this thread. o0)

Is this really a physics question? I suppose everything is physics in the end...

Khashishi said:
Is this really a physics question? I suppose everything is physics in the end...
Good point -- moved to the General Discussion forum... :smile:

Related to What is a good material for staging furniture

1. What qualities should a good material for staging furniture have?

A good material for staging furniture should be durable, lightweight, and versatile. It should also be able to withstand wear and tear, as well as be easy to maintain and transport.

2. What are some examples of good materials for staging furniture?

Some good materials for staging furniture include wood, metal, and plastic. Other options could include wicker, glass, or fabric.

3. Is there a specific type of wood that is best for staging furniture?

There is no one specific type of wood that is best for staging furniture. However, hardwoods such as oak, maple, and cherry tend to be more durable and can provide a more upscale appearance.

4. Are there any materials that should be avoided for staging furniture?

Materials that are prone to scratching, staining, or warping should generally be avoided for staging furniture. This includes certain types of softwoods, cheap plastics, and poor-quality fabrics.

5. How can I determine if a material is suitable for staging furniture?

To determine if a material is suitable for staging furniture, consider its durability, weight, versatility, and appearance. You can also research the material's properties and read reviews from other furniture staging professionals.