What is a Health Physicist and How Can I Become One?

• Thread starter lanings
  • Start date
In summary, a health physicist is a scientist who specializes in the application of physics to protect people and the environment from potential radiation hazards. They use their knowledge of radiation and its effects to design and implement safety protocols in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, nuclear power plants, and research facilities. To become a health physicist, one must typically have a degree in physics or a related field, as well as specialized training in radiation safety and protection. Many health physicists also obtain certification through professional organizations to demonstrate their expertise and competency in the field.
lanings
How did you find PF?
Looking for a good explanation of binding energy and how fission and fusion follow the average binding energy curve.
My name is Sara. I am a Health Physicist at a nuclear power plant, working toward my Nuclear Technology/Radiation Protection/Health Physics degrees for my professional and personal development. I am currently attending online classes through Lakeshore Technical College.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your studies.

If you have specific questions, just find the right sub-forum and post them there.

Likes lanings