What is a Perpetual Motion Device and How Can I Make One?

In summary, the conversation discusses a perpetual motion device using an overbalanced wheel and its prototype currently being developed. The drawings of the device will be released gradually online, and the device is said to be easy to replicate with the help of the drawings. However, some doubts are raised about the feasibility of such a device and its underlying principles.
snpssaini
I make a perpetual motion device. It is a kind of overbalanced wheel. :wink: It is very simple mechanism. I am trying to make its prototype (or toy model).
It is on paper now. :confused: I am trying this month only. After that I will cut my drawing in ten (10) parts.I ll release all drawings one by one on net. All nine (9) parts of drawing will be sense less without its last part. :surprise: With the help of this drawing everyone can make this machine. :wink:

It is not a joke.It is just for information.
sanjay saini

Physics news on Phys.org
In our world of friction, air resistance, etc. perpetual motion is impossible. Hate to break it to you...

While perpetual motion is impossible, the idea that the cunsumption of energy for whatever reason can be compensated for while the device is in motion, can lead to a device that while not perpetual, is efficient to the point that the device seems perpetual.

Now, an overbalanced wheel would not provide enough momentum to compensate for its own weight, so I don't see how a device using such a wheel could ever be perpetual.

Perhaps some further explinations to elaborate on the principle behind this device?

Probobly not ;)

snpssaini said:
I make a perpetual motion device. It is a kind of overbalanced wheel. :wink: It is very simple mechanism. I am trying to make its prototype (or toy model).
It is on paper now. :confused: I am trying this month only. After that I will cut my drawing in ten (10) parts.I ll release all drawings one by one on net. All nine (9) parts of drawing will be sense less without its last part. :surprise: With the help of this drawing everyone can make this machine. :wink:

It is not a joke.It is just for information.
sanjay saini

Let me guess, you can't tell us what it is for fear we'll steal it. But it relies on a very complicated math that any simple 4th grader could understand?

Related to What is a Perpetual Motion Device and How Can I Make One?

1. What is a perpetual motion device?

A perpetual motion device is a hypothetical machine that can run indefinitely without any external energy source. It would essentially create its own energy, violating the laws of thermodynamics.

2. Is it possible to create a perpetual motion device?

No, it is not possible to create a perpetual motion device. The laws of thermodynamics state that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed. Therefore, a machine cannot create its own energy without an external source.

3. Why do people still try to create perpetual motion devices?

People continue to try to create perpetual motion devices because it would have a major impact on energy production and transportation. If successful, it could potentially solve the world's energy crisis. However, the laws of thermodynamics make it impossible to achieve.

4. Have any perpetual motion devices been successfully created?

No, there have been many attempts to create perpetual motion devices throughout history, but none have been proven to work. Many of these attempts have been exposed as scams or hoaxes.

5. What are some real-life examples of perpetual motion?

There are no real-life examples of perpetual motion. However, there are some systems that may appear to be perpetual, such as a pendulum or a spinning top. These systems eventually stop due to friction and other external forces.

Back