What is Delta Δ? Uses & Meaning

• Thread starter -Physician
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delta
In summary, Delta (Δ) is a Greek letter used to represent change. It can be used in various equations, such as Δv = v_f - v_0 for change in velocity and Δp = p_1 - p_0 for change in momentum. Its purpose is to show the difference between two values.
-Physician
What is delta ##Δ##, where and why do we use it ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like homework. What have you found in your Google/Wiki search?

I haven't actually searched, I thought I would get a better answer here, it's not homework, it's my own question.

-Physician said:
I haven't actually searched, I thought I would get a better answer here, it's not homework, it's my own question.
As you wish.

http://bit.ly/zcwU64

Hm, I see it is change , thanks, so like ##v## is velocity but ##Δv=v_f-v_0##, but what would be ##Δp## (delta momentum), ##p_1-p_0##?

Yes.

it's a greek letter and you can use it for whatever you want.

Related to What is Delta Δ? Uses & Meaning

What is Delta Δ?

Delta Δ is a Greek letter that is commonly used in mathematics and science to represent change or difference. It is often used in equations to denote a change in a variable or quantity.

What are the uses of Delta Δ?

Delta Δ has many uses in various fields such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, and engineering. It is commonly used to represent change in equations, as well as in geometric and trigonometric calculations. It is also used to denote differences in values or measurements.

What is the meaning of Delta Δ?

The word "delta" comes from the Greek letter Δ, which is shaped like a triangle. In mathematics, it is used to represent change or difference, while in science, it can represent a variety of concepts such as change in velocity, change in temperature, or change in chemical concentration.

How is Delta Δ pronounced?

Delta Δ is pronounced as "del-tuh" in English, and as "thee-ltah" in Greek. In some fields, such as mathematics and engineering, it is also commonly referred to as "delta symbol" or "change symbol."

Is Delta Δ the same as the letter "D"?

No, Delta Δ and the letter "D" are not the same. While they may look similar, they have different meanings and uses. Delta Δ is a Greek letter and is often used in scientific and mathematical contexts, while the letter "D" is a Latin letter and has various uses in different languages and fields.