What is it like to study physics as a first year undergraduate?

• Thread starter corgan5
  • Start date
In summary, studying physics as a first year undergraduate can be both challenging and rewarding. The curriculum typically covers a wide range of topics, from classical mechanics and electromagnetism to quantum mechanics and relativity. Students are expected to have a strong foundation in math and critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to apply these concepts to real-world problems. The coursework often includes a combination of lectures, labs, and problem-solving sessions, providing a hands-on approach to learning. Additionally, students may have the opportunity to participate in research projects or internships, gaining practical experience in the field. While the workload can be demanding, the study of physics can also be incredibly fascinating and fulfilling for those with a passion for understanding the fundamental laws of the universe.
corgan5
Hello guys. just joined the physics forums.
I'm a first year undergraduate and English is not my
first language. so please bear with my broken English haha.

my major is (of course) physics and I love the subject, although I don't really know a lot about it. actually I've just started studying it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Your English is quite good actually! :smile: