What is the CIA's sense of humor when it comes to WikiLeaks?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the CIA has formed a group called the WikiLeaks Task Force, or WTF for short. Despite the potentially regrettable acronym, a U.S. official suggests that the CIA has a sense of humor. This reminds one of a book and an interview heard on NPR.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...The CIA said it formed something called the WikiLeaks Task Force, which (acronym-loving agency that it is) goes by by the name of WTF.

A U.S. official told PCMag, “Some might say the acronym is regrettable. Perhaps we should consider that the CIA has a sense of humor after all...
http://blogs.forbes.com/halahtourya...onds-to-wikileaks-with-wtf/?boxes=HomepageFAN

Physics news on Phys.org
I lol'd. Hahah

Too funny, Ivan. When I saw the title of the thread, I considered sending you a PM to tone down the language. And then I read your post -- too funny. :smile:

Reminds me of an interview I heard on NPR a couple years ago, about this book:

51D5qMTtTML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

berkeman said:
Too funny, Ivan. When I saw the title of the thread, I considered sending you a PM to tone down the language. And then I read your post -- too funny. :smile:

I can only refer you to the CIA with your complaint.

FAQ: What is the CIA's sense of humor when it comes to WikiLeaks?

1. What is the CIA to Wikileaks - WTF controversy?

The CIA to Wikileaks - WTF controversy refers to the release of classified documents by the organization Wikileaks, which allegedly came from the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). These documents include information about the CIA's hacking tools and techniques.

2. How did Wikileaks obtain the CIA documents?

It is believed that Wikileaks obtained the CIA documents from a former CIA contractor, who had access to the agency's internal network. The contractor allegedly leaked the documents to Wikileaks in 2016.

3. What kind of information was revealed in the documents?

The CIA documents released by Wikileaks contained information about the agency's hacking capabilities and tools, including information on how the CIA can hack into devices such as smartphones, computers, and smart TVs. The documents also revealed that the CIA had the ability to bypass encryption on popular messaging apps.

4. What are the implications of this leak?

The implications of this leak are still being studied and debated. Some argue that it exposes the CIA's capabilities and puts national security at risk. Others argue that it highlights the need for transparency and oversight within the intelligence community.

5. Has the CIA or Wikileaks faced any consequences for this leak?

As of now, there have been no known consequences for either the CIA or Wikileaks in relation to this leak. However, the US government has launched an investigation into the leak and the individual responsible for it.