What is the Complex Vector Space L^2[a,b]?

In summary, the conversation is about an error that occurred while using a program called mathlib. The error message mentions a control sequence that was never defined and suggests checking for spelling errors. The conversation also mentions changing "mathlib" to "mathnormal" and ends with a thank you.
SeM
Hi, I am using mathlib as such:

text...$\mathlib{L}^2[a,b]$...text

though, I get the error:

<recently read> \mathlib l.235 ...d form the complex vector space $\mathlib {L}^2[a,b]$ which satisfie... The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue, and I'll forget about whatever was undefined. [9] ! Undefined control sequence. <recently read> \mathlib

Physics news on Phys.org
What's mathlib?

I guess that is nothing then, came from the web somewhere... Changed it to mathnormal..!

Thanks!

FAQ: What is the Complex Vector Space L^2[a,b]?

1. What does "Undefined control sequence." mean?

"Undefined control sequence." is an error message commonly encountered in programming languages such as LaTeX. It means that the command you have typed is not recognized by the system, and therefore cannot be executed.

2. Why does "Undefined control sequence." occur?

This error occurs when a command or function is misspelled, not defined in the current document, or requires a specific package that has not been loaded. It can also happen if there are syntax errors in the code.

3. How can I fix "Undefined control sequence."?

To fix this error, you will need to check your code for any spelling mistakes or missing packages. You can also try searching for the specific command or function to see if it needs to be defined in your document. If all else fails, consult the documentation for the programming language you are using for further assistance.

4. Can "Undefined control sequence." be prevented?

Yes, this error can be prevented by carefully checking your code for any errors before compiling it. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of the programming language and its syntax to avoid making mistakes that can lead to this error.

5. Is "Undefined control sequence." a serious error?

No, "Undefined control sequence." is not a serious error and can usually be fixed easily by correcting the code. However, if you are unable to fix it, it may prevent your document from compiling correctly, so it is best to address it as soon as possible.