What is the difference between matlab & maple?

In summary, Maple and MATLAB are two different programs with different focuses and syntax. While Maple is a computer algebra system, MATLAB is oriented towards numerical work and also includes Simulink for controls work. However, the syntax for each program is different and learning MATLAB may not be too difficult, even for those familiar with Maple.
woundedtiger4
Are they both same? I have been using maple from past couple of months in order to find solutions & to plot graphs etc & I am quite comfortable with it. If Matlab is better than maple then is it hard to use MATLAB & is the syntax of MATLAB same as maple?

Physics news on Phys.org
MATLAB is oriented towards numerical work ("MATrix LABoratory") whereas Maple is a computer algebra system (i.e. symbolic manipulation). MATLAB also contains Simulink for controls work.

The two programs have different syntax. I haven't used much Maple, but MATLAB isn't very hard.

jhae2.718 said:
MATLAB is oriented towards numerical work ("MATrix LABoratory") whereas Maple is a computer algebra system (i.e. symbolic manipulation). MATLAB also contains Simulink for controls work.

The two programs have different syntax. I haven't used much Maple, but MATLAB isn't very hard.

thanks

Related to What is the difference between matlab & maple?

What is the difference between Matlab and Maple?

Matlab and Maple are both programming languages used for mathematical computations and data analysis. However, there are some key differences between the two.

What is the main purpose of Matlab?

Matlab is primarily used for numerical analysis, data visualization, and creating mathematical models. It is commonly used in engineering, science, and economics.

What is the main purpose of Maple?

Maple, on the other hand, is more focused on symbolic computations and mathematical problem-solving. It is commonly used in academic settings for research and teaching.

Which one is better for data analysis?

Both Matlab and Maple have their strengths in data analysis. Matlab is better for large datasets and complex algorithms, while Maple is better for symbolic computations and creating graphs and charts.

Can Matlab and Maple be used together?

Yes, Matlab and Maple can be used together through a tool called Maplesim. This allows for the integration of numerical and symbolic computations, making it a powerful tool for scientific research and analysis.