What is the evidence for the multiverse?

In summary, the multiverse theory suggests the existence of countless universes, possibly as a result of mathematical and quantum theory. However, there is currently no evidence to support this theory and it remains a topic of speculation and personal opinion. Occam's Razor suggests that we should not complicate our understanding of the universe with unnecessary concepts and the traditional idea of a single universe remains the default.
Chalnoth said:
That said, it sounds like you're primarily talking about a problem that is generally considered to be dealt with through the mechanism of einselection:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einselection

Almost, but unlike einselection-pointer observer which proposes that all branches of the quantum state as equally real. Something tells me that splitting could be a visual illusory seen by observer as a consequence of unstable time jitters. It is like a smeared and diluted overlapping pictures of the events in a dynamic micro timescales. The same principle when we received light from galactic sources that once existed in a certain timescale as relics drawn in light.

The collapse is real in a phase sense and splitting is a visual mirage cause by the dynamic interaction viewed by an observer. It is just our visual limitation that appears as if it is splitting like mirages. It just happened or consequential when viewed things from a relational perspective.

Space news on Phys.org
There's simply no reason to believe that all of the split states aren't real.

I reflexively suggest there is no reason to believe all split states are 'real', but, that depends on how you define 'real'. I prefer to cling to testable predictions for now. Mathematics permits us to rule out the impossible, but, is a blunt instrument for discerning reality.

Last edited:
Chronos said:
I reflexively suggest there is no reason to believe all split states are 'real', but, that depends on how you define 'real'. I prefer to cling to testable predictions for now. Mathematics permits us to rule out the impossible, but, is a blunt instrument for discerning reality.
Yes, there is: you have to add unevidenced assumptions to make them not real.

... Just out of curiosity. Can a relic effect(same as ancient light) be possible in Quantum world. Can time have an effect on the visual information seen by an observer? If no, then how. My mind see that picture of a universe that is transitional and as an observer we see tiny minute details of a universe once transformed in the past. Can the apparent splitting be a possible abstract visual relic and playing a trick on us or we stick to the obvious- "OK we have dynamic states. All of them happened in the same 'time' bec. that is what it appears to look like and we seem to have a good math for it."

Every time i read something on QM -M/P-verses-string papers. Part of my thoughts is asking "look closely on the time variable, isn't it weird that is very abstract- And please wipe your glass to see it clearly and look around you". Despite of my construction, I'm still very skeptical on that thought but fun though. lol.

Last edited: