What is the Jeans Anomaly and How Does it Relate to the Birth of a Star?

• Thread starter Kostas Tzim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Star
In summary, a star is a celestial object that produces its own light and heat through nuclear fusion. It is formed when a large cloud of gas and dust collapses under its own gravity and can vary in size and brightness. The life cycle of a star depends on its mass, with smaller stars eventually becoming white dwarfs and larger stars exploding in a supernova. The time it takes for a star to form can vary greatly, but on average it takes millions of years. Yes, stars can die as they reach the end of their life cycle.
Kostas Tzim
Hello,Im searching something that called Jeans anomally i don't know how is this spelled in english i find it hard sometimes to translate terms. It's about the birth of a star as far as i know but i can't find nothing on the internet :)

Astronomy news on Phys.org
thanks buddy, i was searching about "Jeans anomally" and i found nothing..

Last edited:

FAQ: What is the Jeans Anomaly and How Does it Relate to the Birth of a Star?

What is a star?

A star is a celestial object that produces its own light and heat through nuclear fusion. It is typically composed of hot gases, primarily hydrogen and helium, and can vary in size and brightness.

How are stars formed?

Stars are formed when a large cloud of gas and dust, called a nebula, collapses under its own gravity. As the cloud collapses, it begins to spin and heat up, causing nuclear fusion to start and a star is born.

What is the life cycle of a star?

The life cycle of a star depends on its mass. Smaller stars, like our Sun, will eventually run out of fuel and become a white dwarf. Larger stars, on the other hand, will explode in a supernova before either forming a neutron star or a black hole.

How long does it take for a star to form?

The time it takes for a star to form can vary greatly depending on the size of the nebula and the mass of the star. On average, it can take anywhere from a few million to tens of millions of years for a star to form.

Can stars die?

Yes, stars can die. As mentioned earlier, smaller stars will eventually run out of fuel and become a white dwarf, while larger stars will explode in a supernova before forming either a neutron star or a black hole. The death of a star is a natural part of its life cycle.