What is the Journey of an Autodidact in Applied Mathematics and Physics?

In summary, the journey of an autodidact in applied mathematics and physics involves self-motivated learning and exploration of complex concepts and theories. This journey requires a strong foundation in basic mathematical and scientific principles, as well as a deep curiosity and determination to understand and apply advanced concepts. Autodidacts in this field often utilize a variety of resources, such as textbooks, online courses, and practical experiments, to gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject. Through continuous self-study and practice, autodidacts in applied mathematics and physics can become proficient in solving real-world problems and contribute to the advancement of these fields.
Zero-mmHg
Hi Everyone,

I am an Autodidact in Applied Mathematics and Physics. Currently I have a long way to go...

As for my Background, I have Asperger's Syndrome and have a background in the medical sector.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
That's an interesting introductory statement ... so welcome here but note that you may have a hard time with your ideas as the problem is that free thinkers (autodidacts) do not usually have the authority to be listened to or the various peer reviewed papers to be held in high esteem ... so it goes ... personally i do not think it is beyond the wit of the scientific community to come up an agreed system of ... "it's proven by agreed axiomatic logic to a % level". By way of agreed rules that allows anybody to provide new logic step input. (i.e. if this then that is % logically agreed).

Anyway.. very glad to have you on board ... kbo me

clive williams-not said:
so welcome here but note that you may have a hard time with your ideas as the problem is that free thinkers (autodidacts) do not usually have the authority to be listened to
That's wrong. We do have a science fiction writing forum. What we do not have, is posting every nonsense which is around on the internet. Facebook is a nice place for that. Our goals are to teach and discuss mainstream science in all its variants. We find that this is already more than what can be learned in a single lifetime. Therefore we try to avoid spending time on debunking nonsense. As said, the internet is full of it and it doesn't lack places to spread those ideas. What IS rare, are websites which deal with science in a most possible serious way, and we are proud that ours is one of those gems.

Everybody who wants to learn is highly welcome!

Last edited:
Likes phinds, berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Well said by @fresh_42 and on that note this Introductory thread is closed.

Welcome to the PF @Zero-mmHg :smile:

Likes jedishrfu