What is the Misunderstanding of Space-Time and Gravity in Dark Matter?

• Thread starter fishin_kitten
  • Start date
In summary, space-time is a concept in physics that combines space and time, and is related to gravity according to Einstein's theory of general relativity. There is a misunderstanding of how dark matter, a hypothetical form of matter, interacts with space-time and gravity. However, it is believed that dark matter has a gravitational pull and can cause distortions in space-time, explaining the observed effects of gravity. While it is a possible explanation, there are other theories that have been proposed. Understanding the role of dark matter in space-time and gravity is crucial in understanding the structure and evolution of the universe.
fishin_kitten
I'm very into astro/quantum physics. I'm probably crazy but I think I know what is b4 and after the universe. Also Dark matter isn't isn't what the mainstream people think it is, it's just a misunderstanding of space-time and gravity. For instance a perfectly spherical tumbleweed (galaxy) whose right and left sides are 2 feet away, the center of the tumbleweed (galaxy) could be 100 feet away. There is more space within a galaxy than we know thanks to its massive dense core. Yup I'm crazy

Likes harinath279
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Please be aware of our rules on personal theories and speculation. We are a mainstream science education community.

That doesn't sound very scientific. Think THIS way or get out.

fishin_kitten said:
That doesn't sound very scientific. Think THIS way or get out.
It's just the purpose of the community you joined. Our purpose is to discuss mainstream science.

Likes fishin_kitten
PF is not a good site for your ideas Fishing. :frown:

The PF mission statement says. "Our goal is to provide a community for people (whether students, professional scientists, or hobbyists) to learn and discuss science as it is currently generally understood and practiced by the professional scientific community.". So this is the place for the mainstream ideas.

Likes fishin_kitten
anorlunda said:
PF is not a good site for your ideas Fishing. :frown:

The PF mission statement says. "Our goal is to provide a community for people (whether students, professional scientists, or hobbyists) to learn and discuss science as it is currently generally understood and practiced by the professional scientific community.". So this is the place for the mainstream ideas.
I may stay here, but can you suggest a better place without big brother breathing down my neck

Last edited by a moderator:
fishin_kitten said:
I may stay here, but can u suggest a better place without big brother breathing down my neck
I will send you a few in the private message we have.

Likes fishin_kitten
fishin_kitten said:
I may stay here, but can u suggest a better place without big brother breathing down my neck

There are many websites that will cater to crackpots. But just like you, they too have their own ideas about the Universe, and like you, they too do not play by any rules or any rational understanding of physics. So good luck is thinking that anyone in those sites will listen to your ideas.

Zz.

Likes Doc Al, Physics345, fishin_kitten and 1 other person
ZapperZ said:
There are many websites that will cater to crackpots. But just like you, they too have their own ideas about the Universe, and like you, they too do not play by any rules or any rational understanding of physics. So good luck is thinking that anyone in those sites will listen to your ideas.

Zz.
Well said

Is this a joke... Greg has the patience of a Saint!

Likes Wrichik Basu
No joke, and agreed. Thread has served its introduction purpose, and is now closed. :smile:

FAQ: What is the Misunderstanding of Space-Time and Gravity in Dark Matter?

1. What is space-time and how is it related to gravity?

Space-time is a concept in physics that combines the three dimensions of space (length, width, and height) with the dimension of time. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, mass and energy can cause a distortion in space-time, creating what we perceive as gravity.

2. What is the misunderstanding of space-time and gravity in dark matter?

The misunderstanding is that dark matter, which is a hypothetical form of matter that does not interact with light, is believed to make up a large portion of the universe's mass. However, its exact nature and properties are still unknown, leading to a misunderstanding of how it interacts with space-time and gravity.

3. How does dark matter affect space-time and gravity?

Dark matter is thought to have a gravitational pull, just like regular matter. However, it is believed to be distributed differently and can cause a distortion in space-time, leading to the observed effects of gravity.

4. Can dark matter explain the discrepancies in the observed effects of gravity?

While dark matter is a possible explanation for the discrepancies, it is not the only one. Other theories, such as modified gravity, have also been proposed to explain the observed effects of gravity. Further research and evidence are needed to fully understand the role of dark matter in space-time and gravity.

5. How does the understanding of space-time and gravity in dark matter impact our understanding of the universe?

The understanding of space-time and gravity in dark matter is crucial in explaining the structure and evolution of the universe. It helps us understand the distribution of matter and energy, as well as the formation of galaxies and galaxy clusters. Understanding dark matter's role in space-time and gravity is essential in piecing together the puzzle of the universe's mysteries.