What is the most important degree to include in your post profile?

• Bug
  • Thread starter Ryan_m_b
  • Start date
In summary, this user has added a lot of information to their profile, stretching it across the page. This has caused some issues with their profile, most notably the width of the profile field. However, the most recent degree or the degree that the user actually works in is sufficient.
Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I came across it in https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3415585#post3415585", one of the users has added quite a lot to their degree/education and has subsequently stretched their post profile across the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The "problem" has been temporarily solved.

Zz.

ryan_m_b said:
I came across it in https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3415585#post3415585", one of the users has added quite a lot to their degree/education and has subsequently stretched their post profile across the page.
ryan,

Your take, a form of protest ? My impression: yes...

Rhody...

rhody said:
ryan,

Your take, a form of protest ? My impression: yes...

Rhody...

:confused:

ryan_m_b said:
:confused:

Why would someone add extra extraneous information to their profile in the first place ? If I wanted to be a wiseguy and make a "silent form of protest", I might "doctor" my profile with extra stuff (not invalid, but not necessary either).

Rhody...

ryan_m_b said:
Looks like it was not the total amount of information, but rather that a lot of the information was typed without any space characters. This forced half of the info to be all on a single line, making the member profile field unusually wide:
Degree:
English,Latin,philosophy/psychology,..dissertations
in Phonetics,Psychoanalysis applied to literatur

Redbelly98 said:
Looks like it was not the total amount of information, but rather that a lot of the information was typed without any space characters. This forced half of the info to be all on a single line, making the member profile field unusually wide:
Still, the most recent degree or the degree that you actually work in is sufficient. I do not work in the field in which I got my degree. My company invented things, so they continuously had me in their own private university (they had a huge campus with apartments and the best restaurant in the world) because no one could teach it because it was just invented. It was AT&T Bell Labs during the 70's and 80's, incredible times. Now, I'm into gardening.

Evo said:
Still, the most recent degree or the degree that you actually work in is sufficient.
Agreed. Or go with highest degree attained.

"English,Latin,philosophy/psychology,..dissertations in Phonetics,Psychoanalysis applied to literatur" just reeks of, uh -- well, it reeks

[URL]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5445187/2/istockphoto_5445187-it-stinks.jpg​
[/URL]

Evo said:
...Now, I'm into gardening.

Maybe your degree should read "Gardening Physics". :biggrin:

Evo said:
Still, the most recent degree or the degree that you actually work in is sufficient.

I think the degree should show what you want to communicate to other members.
Probably it should show what people can expect you to be knowledgeable about and where your affinities are.
If you have expertise in different fields, even if you're not currently active in it, that is useful information to know for other posters.

I don't think it's very useful if it's a long list of titles, subjects, incomprehensible abbreviations, or otherwise irrelevant information (such as in the case at hand which includes typos and bad formatting).

Last edited:

Related to What is the most important degree to include in your post profile?

What is the purpose of stretching post profiles?

The purpose of stretching post profiles is to improve flexibility and range of motion in the body. It can also help prevent injury and improve athletic performance.

How often should I stretch post profiles?

The frequency of stretching post profiles depends on individual needs and goals. For general flexibility maintenance, stretching 2-3 times a week is recommended. However, for athletes or individuals looking to improve flexibility, daily stretching may be necessary.

What are some common stretching post profiles?

Some common stretching post profiles include the hamstring stretch, quad stretch, shoulder stretch, and calf stretch. There are also many other stretches that target specific muscle groups or areas of the body.

Is there a "right" way to stretch post profiles?

Yes, it is important to stretch post profiles correctly to avoid injury. It is recommended to warm up the muscles before stretching, hold each stretch for 10-30 seconds, and avoid bouncing or overstretching. It is also important to listen to your body and not push past your limits.

Can stretching post profiles help with back pain?

Yes, stretching post profiles can help with back pain by improving flexibility and reducing tension in the muscles. It is important to consult with a doctor or physical therapist before starting any stretching routine for back pain.