What is the Name of the Movie About Parents' Obsession with AIDs Research?

• Thread starter maverick_starstrider
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to remember a movie they saw as a child. The movie was about parents of a child with an immunodeficiency disease, possibly AIDS. The parents became obsessed with the science of AIDS and made a contribution to its study. The person recalls a scene where the father is in a library and has an insight while fiddling with a funny-looking paper clip. They ask if anyone knows the movie, titled "And the Band Played On," but express doubt about being able to find a copy.
maverick_starstrider
Hey, can anyone remember a movie I vaguely remember from memory as a child. I think it was a TV movie but I'm not positive. It was about the parents of a child or some such who had an immunodeficiency disease like AIDs (I can't actually remember if it was AIDs). Basically the parents became obsessed with the science of AIDs and actually made a not insignificant contribution to the study of AIDs. I remember a particular scene where the father is in a public library reading bio books and he's fiddling with some funny looking paper clip and it gives him the insight into... well... something (obviously he didn't cure AIDs). Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knew what this movie was (or maybe I'm on hallucinagens).

Physics news on Phys.org
Would that be "[URL Oil?[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds promising... Not that there's a chance that I could get my hands on a copy.

Related to What is the Name of the Movie About Parents' Obsession with AIDs Research?

1. What makes a movie difficult to identify?

There are a few factors that can make a movie difficult to identify. One is if the movie is not well-known or popular, making it harder for others to recognize. Another factor is if the person asking for help has limited or vague information about the movie, such as only remembering a certain scene or character.

2. How can I improve my chances of identifying a movie?

To improve your chances of identifying a movie, try to gather as much information as possible. This can include the genre, actors, plot, and any memorable scenes or quotes. You can also try using online resources or forums dedicated to movie identification.

3. Can I use images or screenshots to help identify a movie?

Yes, using images or screenshots can be a helpful tool in identifying a movie. Make sure the image is clear and includes key elements such as actors, setting, or props. You can also try using reverse image search engines to help find the movie.

4. Are there any specific websites or databases for movie identification?

Yes, there are several websites and databases specifically designed for movie identification. Some popular ones include IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, and WhatIsMyMovie.com. These websites allow you to search by various criteria, such as actors, directors, and keywords.

5. Is it possible to identify a movie with limited information?

While it may be more challenging, it is possible to identify a movie with limited information. Try to provide any details you can remember, such as the time period, language, or any unique characteristics. You can also try reaching out to friends or social media for help, as someone may have seen the movie or recognize it based on your description.