What is the Pressure Calculation for a Horizontal Pipe with Vertical Tubes?

In summary, the radius of a horizontal pipe is the distance from the center of the pipe to the inner edge of the pipe wall, typically measured using a caliper or ruler. It is half the diameter of the pipe and is important in fluid dynamics as it affects the cross-sectional area, flow rate, pressure, and velocity of the fluid passing through the pipe. The larger the radius, the slower the fluid will flow, and the capacity of the pipe is directly proportional to its radius.
rechitzy

Homework Statement

Water (η = 1.00E-3 Pa*s) is flowing through a horizontal pipe with a volume flow rate of 0.0121 m3/s. As the figure below shows, there are two vertical tubes that project from the pipe. Assume that H = 0.0424 m and L = 0.679 m.

Homework Equations

No idea how to approach this question and i need to know before 11:00 to get extra credit please need a hint

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I was researching and i believe i have to use this formula but how to calculate the pressure??

Q=πR4∆p/(8ηL)

Last edited:

FAQ: What is the Pressure Calculation for a Horizontal Pipe with Vertical Tubes?

What is the definition of radius of a horizontal pipe?

The radius of a horizontal pipe is the distance from the center of the pipe to the inner edge of the pipe wall. It is half the diameter of the pipe.

Why is the radius of a horizontal pipe important in fluid dynamics?

The radius of a horizontal pipe is important in fluid dynamics because it determines the cross-sectional area of the pipe, which affects the flow rate and pressure of the fluid passing through it.

How is the radius of a horizontal pipe measured?

The radius of a horizontal pipe is typically measured using a caliper or ruler, by taking the distance from the center of the pipe to the inner edge of the pipe wall.

Does the radius of a horizontal pipe affect the velocity of the fluid?

Yes, the radius of a horizontal pipe does affect the velocity of the fluid. The larger the radius, the slower the fluid will flow, and vice versa.

What is the relationship between the radius of a horizontal pipe and its capacity?

The radius of a horizontal pipe is directly proportional to its capacity. This means that as the radius increases, the capacity of the pipe also increases, and vice versa.

Back