What is the procedure to study astronomy if i have done B.E?

In summary, a B.E. degree in astronomy provides a unique combination of engineering and astronomy knowledge, making it useful for careers in space technology or instrument development. However, additional courses in astronomy and practical experience are necessary to have a well-rounded understanding and be competitive in the field. There are also specific universities and programs that cater to students with a B.E. degree in astronomy, and a variety of career opportunities available in areas such as space technology, data analysis, and research.
yatrik
PLEASE HELP

I HAVE COMPLETED BACHELOR IN ELECTRICAL ENGG. AND I HAVE INTEREST IN ASTRONOMY

SO, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO STUDY ASTRONOMY IN INDIA AS WELL AS IN ABROAD?

Physics news on Phys.org
Holy caps lock. There's no need to yell at us. :-p

I'd recommend the aforementioned thread as well. Have you taken any astronomy courses during your studies?

Likes MathewsMD
QuantumCurt said:
Holy caps lock. There's no need to yell at us. :-p

I'd recommend the aforementioned thread as well. Have you taken any astronomy courses during your studies?[/QUOTE
NO not yet

Related to What is the procedure to study astronomy if i have done B.E?

1. What is the difference between studying astronomy with a B.E. degree and a traditional astronomy degree?

The main difference is that with a B.E. degree, you have a background in engineering, which can be useful in fields such as space technology or instrument development. However, you may need to take additional courses in astronomy to have a well-rounded understanding of the subject.

2. Can I still pursue a career in astronomy with a B.E. degree?

Yes, absolutely! Many astronomers have backgrounds in engineering or other related fields. The key is to supplement your B.E. degree with additional courses in astronomy and gain experience through internships or research opportunities.

3. What courses should I take to prepare for studying astronomy with a B.E. degree?

You should aim to take courses in physics, calculus, and computer science, as these are all important foundations for studying astronomy. Courses in optics and data analysis may also be useful depending on your specific interests within the field.

4. Are there any specific universities or programs that offer astronomy studies for those with a B.E. degree?

Yes, there are several universities that offer graduate programs in astronomy specifically designed for students with a B.E. degree. Some examples include the University of Arizona, University of Maryland, and the University of California, Santa Cruz.

5. What kind of career opportunities are available for someone with a B.E. degree in astronomy?

There are a variety of career opportunities in the field of astronomy that may be suitable for someone with a B.E. degree. These include roles in space technology, instrument development, data analysis, and research. You may also have the opportunity to work at a space agency, such as NASA or ESA.