What is the special steel material ERCO used for in spring manufacturing?

In summary, the conversation is about the search for special steel material called ERCO, which is used in spring manufacturing. The person asking has not been able to find much information on ERCO steel and is looking for help in finding the manufacturer or obtaining datasheets with mechanical properties. They suggest checking a website for a company that manufactures this steel and sending them an email for more information.
Tpatel56
Hello, Am looking for special steel material ERCO, Which is use in spring manufacturing. Any one have idea about this. If anyone have then kindly let me know.

I do not have datasheet or any physical or chemical properties.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I have never heard of ERCO steel and I can't find mention of it in any of the usual references .

There is an ERxxxx specification for special purpose welding rods but that doesn't help us much .

ERCO may just be a trade name .

Tell us what you actually want the steel for - there are many specifications for spring steel and it will be easy enough to find one to suit your application .

Hello,
Please go through below web link
http://www.roehrs.de/english/products/springs/materials/index.html

They are manufacturing this steel.

If you know who manufactures this steel then what is the problem ? Just send them an Email .

yes i have try to get datasheet for mechnical properties but not getting, That is why i have post here

Related to What is the special steel material ERCO used for in spring manufacturing?

1. What is "Special Steel Material ERCO"?

"Special Steel Material ERCO" is a type of steel material that is specifically designed for industrial and engineering applications. It is known for its high strength, durability, and resistance to wear and corrosion. It is often used in the production of tools, machinery, and equipment in various industries.

2. How is "Special Steel Material ERCO" different from regular steel?

"Special Steel Material ERCO" is different from regular steel in terms of its composition and properties. It contains a higher amount of alloying elements, such as chromium, nickel, and molybdenum, which give it superior strength and corrosion resistance. It also undergoes special heat treatment processes to further enhance its properties.

3. What are the main applications of "Special Steel Material ERCO"?

"Special Steel Material ERCO" is commonly used in the production of cutting tools, molds, gears, bearings, and other industrial machinery and equipment. It is also used in the automotive, aerospace, and oil and gas industries due to its high strength and durability.

4. Can "Special Steel Material ERCO" be welded or machined?

Yes, "Special Steel Material ERCO" can be welded and machined, but it requires special techniques and tools due to its high strength and hardness. It is recommended to consult with experts and follow specific guidelines to ensure proper welding and machining of this material.

5. What are the advantages of using "Special Steel Material ERCO"?

Using "Special Steel Material ERCO" offers several advantages, including high strength, durability, and corrosion resistance. It also has excellent wear resistance, making it suitable for harsh environments. Its high machinability and weldability allow for easy production of complex and precise parts. Moreover, it can withstand high temperatures and extreme conditions, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.