What is the Temperature of the Oven?

In summary, the conversation discusses the resistance of a copper wire at different temperatures and how to find the temperature of an oven based on the change in resistance. The relevant formula for this problem is R = Ro[1 + α(Tf - Ti)].
lha08

Homework Statement

The resistance of a copper wire is 0.8 ohms at 20 degrees Celsius. When it is placed in an oven, its resistance is 1.2 ohms. What is the temperature of the oven?

Homework Equations

resistivity = resistivity (initial) [1+ (temperature coefficient of resistivity)X (Tf-Ti)]

The Attempt at a Solution

I don't even know where to start..like I have the two resistance but then I don't know what to do with them...I can't plug them into the other formulas for resistivity because I don't have the length and area to find the resistivity for the different resistance values...

Physics news on Phys.org
The relevant formula is true for resistance also.
R = Ro[1 + α(Tf - Ti)]

FAQ: What is the Temperature of the Oven?

What is resistance temperature?

Resistance temperature is a measure of how easily an object or substance conducts electricity. It is typically measured in ohms (Ω).

How is resistance temperature related to temperature?

Resistance temperature is directly proportional to temperature. This means that as temperature increases, resistance temperature also increases.

What is the formula for calculating resistance temperature?

The formula for calculating resistance temperature is R = ρL/A, where R is the resistance in ohms, ρ is the resistivity of the material, L is the length of the object, and A is the cross-sectional area.

What is the significance of resistance temperature in scientific research?

Resistance temperature is an important factor in many scientific experiments and studies because it can provide valuable information about the properties of different materials and substances. It can also help researchers understand how temperature affects the behavior of these materials.

How can resistance temperature be measured?

Resistance temperature can be measured using a device called a multimeter, which measures the electrical resistance of a material. Other methods, such as using a Wheatstone bridge or a thermistor, can also be used to measure resistance temperature.