What is the Total Stress Load of a 12-String Guitar Tuned to E?

• Thread starter Fred McMullen
  • Start date
In summary, a 12 string guitar is a variation of the traditional 6 string guitar that has 12 strings instead of 6. The added strings are tuned in pairs, creating a unique sound and allowing for more complexity in chord structures. However, the added tension from the extra strings can put stress on the guitar's neck and body, requiring special adjustments and maintenance. Despite this, the rich and full sound of a 12 string guitar makes it a popular choice for many musicians.
Fred McMullen
Good timezone my new friends. I live in the Southern Gulf Island on the West Coast of Canada. I am a man of many hats (as a Canadian, a Toque EH? Brother). I need the total stress load of a 12 string guitarn with a stainless steel neck rod reinforced 12 string acoustic guitar tuned to the key of E (standard tuning). This is important as I am about to either scratch for these answers or argue my Luthier from the States. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Fred.
Questions are supposed to be in the forums, that way both the question and the answers are more widely read by others. Please see the very first post here titled PLEASE READ - NO QUESTIONS.
And supposedly they are not to be answered here either. Please see the rules by clicking the INFO link at the topright of the page.

That said, under the risk of being shot at dawn:
https://www.elixirstrings.com/support/string-tension-for-tuning-guitar
Google is your friend, my friend. https://www.google.com/search?&q=tension+in+guitar+strings found that and many others.

Perhaps one of the Mentors will see fit to put this in the appropriate forum.

Cheers,
Tom

Welcome to PF.

No, we don't move intro posts.

@Fred McMullen , I'm going to close this thread. Please post your question in the appropriate forum. Mechanical Engineering sounds most appropriate to me.

Thread Closed.

Back