What is the voltage and current requirement for an Arduino Uno?

In summary, the recommended voltage supply for an Arduino board is between 7-12 volts. A USB cable can be used as a power supply, but it may not provide enough voltage for certain projects. Supplying too much voltage can damage the board, so it is important to always use the recommended range. A battery can also be used, but it is important to check the voltage and capacity. The voltage regulator on an Arduino board regulates the voltage to ensure consistent power supply and prevent damage.
amaresh92
greetings,

i have an arduino usb 328 and i want to know the supply voltage and current requirement of it.
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
This one, which, as per the page, takes 5V from either USB or external adapter?
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDuemilanove

The micro only draws a few uA of current (unless you're driving current using the microcontroller). The board probably consumes a few mA of current--the vast majority lighting up the power LED.

FAQ: What is the voltage and current requirement for an Arduino Uno?

What is the recommended voltage supply for an Arduino board?

The recommended voltage supply for an Arduino board is between 7-12 volts. Using a lower voltage may cause the board to malfunction, while using a higher voltage can damage the board.

Can I use a USB cable as a power supply for my Arduino board?

Yes, you can use a USB cable to power your Arduino board. However, the maximum voltage provided by a USB port is 5 volts, which may not be sufficient for some projects.

What happens if I supply too much voltage to my Arduino board?

If you supply too much voltage to your Arduino board, it may damage the board or its components. It is important to always use the recommended voltage range.

Can I use a battery to power my Arduino board?

Yes, you can use a battery to power your Arduino board. However, make sure to check the voltage and make sure it falls within the recommended range. Also, be aware of the battery's capacity and how long it will last.

What is the purpose of the voltage regulator on an Arduino board?

The voltage regulator on an Arduino board is responsible for regulating the voltage to a stable level, ensuring that the board receives a consistent power supply. This helps prevent any damage to the board and its components.

Back