What is x when c is at maximum?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Wilmer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, "c=?" is a logic puzzle that involves using critical thinking and problem-solving skills to determine the value of the variable "c". Other clues and information may be provided in the puzzle, and there is no one specific method or strategy for solving it. It is important to carefully examine the given information, look for patterns, and use deductive reasoning to eliminate possibilities until the correct value of "c" is found.
Wilmer
a = x^2 + 2cx + 1
b = 2x + 3c + 3

a / b = 5 plus a remainder of 11.

c=?

Want to include above in a "puzzle" site.
Want see if it makes sense..

Can you solve it?
Than you.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Wilmer said:
...Can you solve it?...

Yes:

One easy solution is:

\(\displaystyle c=-10\)

I will be glad to show what I did if required.

MarkFL said:
Yes:
One easy solution is:
\(\displaystyle c=-10\)
I will be glad to show what I did if required.
Yippee! Yes, c=-10 (x=25) is a solution.

There are 6 solutions (I'm 99% sure) where c and x are integers (positive or negative).
3 of those have x and c > 0.

Hokay: question is now: what is x when c is at maximum?

Thanks Mark. Nice to hear from you !

Related to What is x when c is at maximum?

What is the meaning of "c=?"

The "c=?" in this puzzle is a variable that represents an unknown value. The goal is to use logic and clues to determine the value of "c" and solve the puzzle.

What type of puzzle is "c=?"

"c=?" is a logic puzzle that requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It may also involve pattern recognition and deductive reasoning.

Are there any other clues or information given for "c=?"

Yes, there may be other clues or information given in the puzzle to help determine the value of "c". These could include numbers, symbols, or other variables that need to be solved first.

How do I approach solving "c=?"

Start by carefully examining the given information and any clues provided. Look for patterns and use deductive reasoning to eliminate possibilities. It may also be helpful to make a chart or diagram to organize the information. Keep trying different solutions until the correct value of "c" is found.

Is there a specific method or strategy for solving "c=?"

There is no one specific method or strategy for solving "c=?". It is important to stay organized, think critically, and be open to trying different solutions. Some people may find it helpful to work backwards from the given answer, while others may prefer to start with a specific clue and build from there. It may take some trial and error, but eventually, the puzzle can be solved.