What is XRD and How Does it Apply to Biomaterials in Materials Science Research?

• Thread starter xrdquestionperson
  • Start date
In summary, X-ray diffraction (XRD) is a technique used to analyze the structure of materials by measuring the diffraction patterns of X-rays. It is a valuable tool in biomaterials research as it can provide information on the crystal structure, chemical composition, and phase changes of materials, which are important factors in determining their properties and how they interact with biological systems. By utilizing XRD, researchers can gain a deeper understanding of the structure-property relationships of biomaterials, leading to the development of more effective and biocompatible materials for various applications in the field of materials science.
xrdquestionperson
Hi, I'm a chemistry PhD student with a focus on materials science...I study biomaterials...I will probably be posting a lot of questions about XRD as this is the technique I use a lot lately but I am completely new to it.

Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
xrdquestionperson said:
Hi, I'm a chemistry PhD student with a focus on materials science...I study biomaterials...
Very cool. Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Back