What led a former Marine and carpenter to pursue a career in geology?

• Thread starter Stitch1775
  • Start date
In summary, a former Marine and carpenter was drawn to the field of geology due to his love for the outdoors and his desire for a hands-on career. After experiencing the devastation of natural disasters during his time in the military, he became interested in understanding the science behind these events and how to mitigate their impact. His background in carpentry also provided him with a strong foundation in working with tools and problem-solving, skills that are essential in the field of geology. Through hard work and determination, he was able to successfully transition into a career in geology and continues to make a positive impact in his new field.
Stitch1775
Hi I am Rich or Stitch either one. I am a 40 year old 2nd year undergrad Geology student. I am a former U.S. Marine and a journeyman carpenter but its time for a career change.

Physics news on Phys.org
Were glad to have you Rich. Welcome to PF

Stitch1775 said:
Hi I am Rich or Stitch either one. I am a 40 year old 2nd year undergrad Geology student. I am a former U.S. Marine and a journeyman carpenter but its time for a career change.
Thank you for your service, Marine! Welcome to the PF. :smile: