What motivated a 48-year-old computer programmer to pursue a PhD in cosmology?

• Thread starter James Price
  • Start date
In summary, a 48-year-old computer programmer was motivated to pursue a PhD in cosmology due to his fascination with the mysteries of the universe and his desire to understand the fundamental principles that govern it. He was also inspired by the advancements in technology and science, which have opened up new possibilities for studying and exploring the cosmos. Additionally, the opportunity to contribute to the scientific community and make groundbreaking discoveries in the field of cosmology was a driving force for his pursuit. Through his determination and passion, he embarked on a journey to expand his knowledge and push the boundaries of human understanding in the vast and complex field of cosmology.
James Price
Hi. At 48, I decided to go back to school. I spent most of my working career as a computer programmer. I have always been interested in science and spent many years as a pseudo-scientist. Time to make it official. My goal is a doctorate in cosmology.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am carrying a 3.48 gpa unweighted average. If you need help with a non-physics course, or are a first year physics course...

Back