What obstacles did I face on my journey to becoming an astrophysicist?

• Thread starter MrsForest
  • Start date
In summary, the journey to becoming an astrophysicist is not without its challenges. Some of the major obstacles that individuals may face include a rigorous and demanding education, financial constraints, and a lack of representation and diversity in the field. Additionally, there may also be personal struggles such as imposter syndrome and the pressure to constantly excel. Overcoming these obstacles requires determination, perseverance, and a strong support system. Despite the challenges, the pursuit of understanding the mysteries of the universe can be a rewarding and fulfilling journey for those passionate about astrophysics.
MrsForest
I hail from the tornado capital of the world, Oklahoma! I am just starting on my journey to become an astrophysicist! This was not an easy journey, but one I would not change. My first major was geology, but changed it after I fell ill, and knew I would soon be in a wheelchair. I kind of think this was a blessing in disguise as it set me on a new course that I absolutely adore! I am living proof that no matter the obstacles you face, or the challenges you take head on, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING is possible!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!