What options do I have after my physics Degree

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of taking an MBA degree after obtaining a physics degree and whether there would be job opportunities in this combination. The suggestion is made to research and gather information from magazines and university websites to find potential schools and their admission requirements, as well as scholarship opportunities. It is also mentioned that an MBA may be suitable for those interested in management or starting their own company, but it ultimately depends on the individual's skills and career goals.
Aswin
After my physics degre.. what arw the suitable master degrees. Can I take MBA after physics degree, will there be job opportunities for this combo ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.

Get yourself some of the magazines like Physics Today, Business Schools Today, and similar. These are he "happy gossip" mags, telling things like what profs have been hired, what labs have expanded, and things of this nature. Your university librarian may be able to help. Possibly Google.

Find the issues that show recent grads and where they got jobs. Look for the ones that got jobs that make you want to emulate them. Possibly a given school will have this info on their web site, to some extent any way. That will give you some schools to think about.

What degree you can take is strongly a function of what school you can get to accept you. Find some candidate schools and contact them. Google them and then get your email working. Find out what their admission requirements are. Also be sure to ask about scholarships. Many scholarships require you to apply. You do not get considered unless you apply.

Whether you take an MBA or not depends on your desired path after that. An MBA probably means you want to go into the business end of the universe, probably some sort of management. Possibly start your own company. This is as opposed to technical or theoretical work. If that is your goal then an MBA may be for you.

Likes Avimanyu Ray and Aswin
To be honest it all comes down to you and your skills as a job seeker. I would say keep an open mind and consider fields other than just physics. Many physics graduates end up doing a masters in physics and eventually a Phd. Some work in finance, banking, and data entry level jobs too.

Yea of course you can do an MBA after your physics degree. Nothing is stopping you from doing that lol

Anyways I hope this helps :-)

Likes Aswin

Related to What options do I have after my physics Degree

1. What types of career options are available with a physics degree?

With a degree in physics, you have a wide range of career options available to you. Some common paths include research and development in the fields of engineering, technology, and science, as well as teaching, consulting, and data analysis. You could also pursue a career in finance, law, or medicine, as the problem-solving and analytical skills gained from a physics degree are highly valued in these fields.

2. Can I work in a different field with a physics degree?

Absolutely! While a physics degree may seem specialized, the skills and knowledge gained can be applied to a variety of industries and fields. Many employers value the critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical skills that come with a physics degree, making it a valuable asset in any career path.

3. Do I need a graduate degree to have a successful career in physics?

While a graduate degree can open up more advanced and specialized opportunities in the field of physics, it is not always necessary for a successful career. Many entry-level positions in research or industry only require a bachelor's degree in physics. However, if you are interested in pursuing a career in academia or conducting your own research, a graduate degree is typically required.

4. Can I find a job with a physics degree outside of academia?

Yes, a physics degree can lead to a wide range of career opportunities outside of academia. Many industries, such as technology, engineering, and finance, value the problem-solving and analytical skills gained from a physics degree. Additionally, the critical thinking and data analysis skills gained can also be applied in fields such as data science, consulting, and even healthcare.

5. Are there any specific skills or knowledge I should focus on during my physics degree to prepare for my career options?

While the specific skills and knowledge needed may vary depending on your chosen career path, some key areas to focus on during your physics degree include math, problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analysis. Additionally, gaining hands-on experience through internships or research opportunities can also be beneficial in preparing for your desired career options.